• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umar Akmal

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon anyone who gets a 100 & a 50 on debut & almost single-handedly wins a test for their side deserves a thread for comment..

I thought he was at least as impressive as Duminy was in his first couple of matches & like Duminy, showed amazing powers of concentration & poise at the crease. Exciting for world cricket.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wish I saw more of his innings. Will try and grab some highlights.

Sounds like a fantastic counter-attack in the first dig, and a very gutsy (almost match-winning) innings in the 2nd.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wish I saw more of his innings. Will try and grab some highlights.

Sounds like a fantastic counter-attack in the first dig, and a very gutsy (almost match-winning) innings in the 2nd.
Yeah, although not as belligerent as his 1st, I thought his 2nd innings was even better under much greater pressure from a scoreboard perspective

Polo23

International Debutant
Looks good. A bit streaky early in his first innings (to be expected) but that second innings was superb. Will be interesting to see how he copes with the expected extra pace and bounce of Wellington.

Craig

World Traveller
Looks good. A bit streaky early in his first innings (to be expected) but that second innings was superb. Will be interesting to see how he copes with the expected extra pace and bounce of Wellington.
And then when the acid test is when he gets to Australia. If he gets runs here, oh boy.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Needs to have a century that wins the game to even be worthy of analysis.

Seriously though, looked to have a good temperament and a decent range of shots for a young'un.