• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Umar Akmal-Hero or Zero?

Where do you see him come a few years

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Far too much analysis on this bloke in general IMO. He's a talented stroke-maker with a high ceiling who is yet to fully grasp the intricacies of building an innings and mentally toughening to the prospect of Test cricket - just like a lot of young batsmen. There's not too much more to it than that. His career could go either way and your guess is as good as mine. :p

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
An amusing player. Who threatens to be good on occasion, but more often than not is crap. Not often a dull moment with him though.

Bouncer

State Regular
The best Pakistani talent that I have seen in my life. I remember both Inzi and Saeed from their first International seasons. In Umar in first almost 2 seasons has appeared twice as better and capable than Inzi and saeed did in their first couple of seasons.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Rather poor character. I hope he does not stick around in test cricket though I think he's talented.

Xuhaib

International Coach
The Home of CricketArchive

He's another case of being selected too soon looking at his first class stats he had one awesome season and followed it up with a mediocre season before his selection. His int career is following the same pattern.Pakistan domestic cricket is off quite low quality until or unless a batsman gives you 2-3 consistent seasons I don't think they should be considered for international selection.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I think he will realise his potential and have an amazing year, but then get banned from cricket for some reason.