• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trouble in the English camp : Pietersen Vs Moores!?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Normally, I'd agree. But the last test in England was at the end of August (that in itself was a dead rubber). 3 months is enough time to loose any form you have.
But there's nothing to supersede it. I'm not saying that you can say Collingwood was in-form; just that you can't say that anyone was in-form or out-of-form. Because none of them had played First-Class cricket for 2, sometimes 3, months. ODI form (in or out) is not something that should have sufficient note taken of it to supersede recent Test performances. Recent Test performances should always be the primary criteria for selecting Test players.

I've always said that the best way to deal with the matter is to take precisely zero note of what happens in ODIs when picking for your Tests.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well done on not (so far) inadvertently avoiding the filter, Mithcell-style. And don't forget, the cricket starts in 10 minutes.
But work starts in 520 minutes! if i start watching the crickert, i may not stop!

DingDong

State Captain
I doubt anyone should take this DingDong character's posts with any seriousness. Just read a few of them to see why.

Richie, Why you gotta player hate? All of my 44 posts have been utter genius. Lots of people have said so as well. Unlike you, I don't believe Quantity necessarily equals quality.
If I were to put it in a way you would understand,
80000+ posts<<<<<<<<<<<< 44 posts. Suck on that Richie!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
my nominations for england coach:

Giles (knows the players)
Ranatunge (Out of a job ATM and has won a world cup)
Ganguly (One of the greatest cricketing brains of all time)
Warne and Terry Jenner (Why can't it be a duo?)
Greg Chappell(Indian and Australian stints were blimps in an otherwise great coaching career)
Man, you should really hate English cricket...

Greg Chappell and stellar coaching record?

Ganguly has a great cricketing brain? He was a gr8 leader but his tactical nous were pretty poor for an international captain and even his diehard fans here (altoz :p ) would agree to that...

Ranatunga has little coaching exp. and ditto Giles, from what I know, at least.. Maybe Warne and Jenner could work but I cant see how they can co-exist with KP..

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, would be delighted if KP was fired from the captaincy too. Didn't realise how good news it would be until its possibility became clear :D

Bob Bamber

U19 12th Man
Does Pietersen tour with England to the WIndies then?

Assuming they both leave their posts, Strauss will probably captain the test side and maybe Collingwood/Cook as stand-in captain for the ODI's. I see Strauss as long term test captain, but the ODI situation is less clear. Neither Strauss or Cook (Two of the potential ODI captains) hold down a regular place in the one day line-up (Strauss can't even make the squad).

Needless to say that this (Other that the 6th July) is the worst possible time for this to kick off. I think the inevitable will happen and Moores will go too. This leaves a patched up England to go to the West Indies. Then, back home, giving a coach two months to prepare for the Ashes series...

Good luck

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does Pietersen tour with England to the WIndies then?

Assuming they both leave their posts, Strauss will probably captain the test side and maybe Collingwood/Cook as stand-in captain for the ODI's. I see Strauss as long term test captain, but the ODI situation is less clear. Neither Strauss or Cook (Two of the potential ODI captains) hold down a regular place in the one day line-up (Strauss can't even make the squad).

Needless to say that this (Other that the 6th July) is the worst possible time for this to kick off. I think the inevitable will happen and Moores will go too. This leaves a patched up England to go to the West Indies. Then, back home, giving a coach two months to prepare for the Ashes series...

Good luck
Cook's not in the ODI squad for the tour IIRC. The only real options are giving it back to Colly- who stated last time it badly affected his game in all formats- and Freddie, who i don't suppose will want it either. Who else is there? Ryan Sidebottom?

Bees

U19 12th Man
THE BIG QUESTION:

Will Pietersen move back to South Africa and make an attempt at joining the squad?!