• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

To celebrate the creation of the sub-forum - Who should be India's #6 for the series?

Who should be India's #6 for the test series?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Lolwut. You'd think a young gun scoring runs in conditions where almost everyone is failing would be rated more. He can't play a text book pull shot which'd look good in a coffee book though and hence he deserves to be dropped.
... coffee book?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
As much as I'd love for Pujara to play, Raina has more than earned his keep. He's proven a lot of us wrong.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Raina and Yuvraj selected for the number 6 spot.

England's fans dream come true when this thread was started ,though Raina has shown some improvement since then.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not especially pleased to see Yuvraj lining up itbt, he seems to reserve his best for us. Would rather be playing against an unproven kid, no matter his FC record.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Raina has a bit of Ganguly about him. Like the guy.
Not a bad shout, but Gambhir reminds me more of Ganguly than Raina does.

I'd be happy if Raina has as successful a test career as Ganguly. I won't deny that he has a chance of doing that if he keeps on working on his game.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Not especially pleased to see Yuvraj lining up itbt, he seems to reserve his best for us. Would rather be playing against an unproven kid, no matter his FC record.
Regardless of his technical issues in trying conditions, Yuvraj takes his test career very seriously. That, combined with his impeccable form in the shorter version of the game (MOTS in WC) has deservedly earned him the spot in 17 member squad - especially since Pujara is injured and Kohli has failed to prove himself short run he was given.

Though my first-choice for no. 6 spot is still Raina..

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Raina vs Yuvraj wasn't really a contest at the start of this tour tbf.

Still pissed they selected Yuvraj ahead of Badrinath, and the injury came at the absolute wrong time for Pujara:(

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must admit i was very surprised Yuvraj made the squad. I thought it was time to draw a line under his test career, he isn't up to it and surely a younger player would benefit from being around the great players to learn for a bit before they retire.