• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This made me laugh so hard... I would love for somebody to explain what he did that was so morally bankrupt?
I would wager a guess and assume that he think the worst case situation of what articles are reporting, in that paine sent this chick an unsolicited dick pick while married with kids early on into his marriage.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
fox sports booted all their proper writers a few years ago and now they have hacks who write quick articles that don't have much in them beyond a headline

but i mean this headline is right, tim paine lied to the australian public but i never fell for it
Explains how Tom Morris rose so far up the food chain.

bagapath

International Captain
Kim Hughes
Darren Lehmann
Steven Smith
Tim Paine

Why do more Australian male cricketers tear up in front of the media than any other sub group I can imagine? There must be some reason. And these guys are from the same mini universe that is inhabited by guys like Benaud, Chappelli and AB who I really find very cool.

Disclaimer: Crying at defeat or victory is not totally uncool. A bit. But still forgivable. Crying for selfish reasons in front of the media is quite sad. I don't know why you don't find (male) cricketers from other countries pouring their hearts out to the cameras as much.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok, fully appreciate your perspective.

I, however, will judge him. Massive prick who goes out of his way to beat his chest, drag other cricketers down, have the audacity to tell Kohli his team mates don't like him...all the while amongst the fact his wife had every right to not like Paine himself. I don't usually care about personal lives but when someone actively tries to make people feel worse about themselves, I feel some sense of justice when it comes back on him and he blubs.
There it is.

anil1405

International Captain
Kim Hughes
Darren Lehmann
Steven Smith
Tim Paine

Why do more Australian male cricketers tear up in front of the media than any other sub group I can imagine? There must be some reason. And these guys are from the same mini universe that is inhabited by guys like Benaud, Chappelli and AB who I really find very cool.

Disclaimer: Crying at defeat or victory is not totally uncool. A bit. But still forgivable. Crying for selfish reasons in front of the media is quite sad. I don't know why you don't find (male) cricketers from other countries pouring their hearts out to the cameras as much.
I feel it comes down to the 'Sporting Culture' of winning at any cost. My understanding is that they are taught to fight hard and do whatever they can to win. And it is practiced right from backyard cricket. So the intensity levels are always high and pressure to win is more.

Some individuals like Smith and Paine find it tough to fit into this culture and might feel they have let down their team and hence this reaction. While Paine's isn't really an on field incident, the pressure of letting the team down as a captain might have had him there.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's mainly to do with losing an extremely important - and beyond Hughes, a very well paying - job in circumstances they had never imagined and then having to eat **** in a press conference

Isura

U19 Captain
Penis XI

1. Chris Gayle
6. Ian Botham
7. Tim Paine
9. Shane Warne
10. Daniel Worral

Who was that guy who's penis was mistakenly uploaded in a picture in the change room?
Sanath Jayasuriya under-rated as he had like 4 wives iirc.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ok its not actually a dick pick, but it should probably be displayed in optical illusion museums alongside ames rooms