• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
There was a player over here called Shiv Thakur who actually went to prison for indecent exposure IIRC.

Luckily he wasn't very good.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What you're missing is SteveNZ's massive, everlasting hateboner for all things Australian.
Potentially. I think I've mellowed from this mentality, however. There are plenty of things I like about Australian cricket. I like my Australian cricketers arrogant when they can back it up. Not when they're like Paine who picks weak battles, drops catches in big moments and blubs up - not because of the hurt he caused his wife (that happened 3 years ago) but because he got exposed.

Wonder if Joe Root texted Paine to ask if the Ashes was going on without him. Another attempt at machoism, ignoring the massive issues around international commitments/quarantine requirements etc, that's backfired on him. And now I read he was sending these messages on the eve and the morning of his first Test back in seven years? Ha, what a guy.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Did someone not post a picture from a South African dressing room once with Kallis in full frontal glory reflected in the mirror?

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain
Kim Hughes
Darren Lehmann
Steven Smith
Tim Paine

Why do more Australian male cricketers tear up in front of the media than any other sub group I can imagine? There must be some reason. And these guys are from the same mini universe that is inhabited by guys like Benaud, Chappelli and AB who I really find very cool.

Disclaimer: Crying at defeat or victory is not totally uncool. A bit. But still forgivable. Crying for selfish reasons in front of the media is quite sad. I don't know why you don't find (male) cricketers from other countries pouring their hearts out to the cameras as much.
Purely crocodile tears. Atleast the latter 3.

Mainstream Australia is an extremely feminized society. They have to do it to appeal to the sheep-like fans.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Purely crocodile tears. Atleast the latter 3.

Mainstream Australia is an extremely feminized society. They have to do it to appeal to the sheep-like fans.
What's wrong with that? Any feminist would agree this is a good thing.

On another note. Am I the only one who could give two ****s about Paine ***ting some lass four years ago and talking about how he wants her to taste his come. If anything, that's what it takes to be a captain of a sporting team.

Shri

Mr. Glass

On another note. Am I the only one who could give two ****s about Paine ***ting some lass four years ago and talking about how he wants her to taste his come. If anything, that's what it takes to be a captain of a sporting team.
He'd have not gotten hard after all that talk like how he dropped Ashwin's catch after all that sledging.

stephen

I find it absurd that he stood down as captain over this. He should have come out and said "this was dealt with the years ago, it was between me, her and my wife and everyone has long since moved on. I look forward to leading Australia against a country lead by the best batsman from the most racist cricket club in England." And moved on.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah it was dealt with.

And then when more than 7 people employed by CA and CTas found out about it, it became pretty obvious what needed to happen

MWaugh and SWarne were 'dealt with' too....

harsh.ag

*c.u.m.

Sad that you bowed to the filter

Gnske

your boy is a disgrace Gnske
Tell me where he went wrong. Look, I use snapchat too man. It's hard, hell I'm hard sometimes with the **** i'm sometimes sent. Should he have asked after the hard cooming comment whether he could send a picture of his hog? Sure. But let me ask you this, how grainy was the photo? What was the nature of the photo? These are questions we need hard proof of to review and come to our own conclusions. It's just unfortunate Tim Paine's own conclusion was that he had to come.

vicleggie

State Vice-Captain

I'm not a feminist old boy.

Yeah its just stupid. It was four years ago. People make mistakes. It is irrelevant to his character today.

Total idiocy, this scandal obsessed society.