• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tim Paine ***ting scandal, will resign

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel like it was an Australian, Burgey kept joking about it. Haven’t heard of this Kallis stuff but not sure how to search for it without triggering the work internet filter.
I’m sure it was Watto but cbf looking it up.

Burgey

when i read it was consensual i thought he was a moron to resign tbh. You can't set a precedent for the press that says 'every time you find something embarrassing about a player, major sporting bodies will act on it ridiculously". CA should invite the muckraker for a net instead.

the wife knew when it happened, so whatever. i never bought paine's good boy schtick (always seemed smarmy to me) so i don't really care that he wasn't.
I think the problem with it is, as always, the keeping of it secret. Though in light of it coinciding with his ascension after Cape Town, it’s probably not surprising.

this from Brettig is a pretty good summation as to why CA’s handling of it is problematic:

Flem274*

123/5
I think the problem with it is, as always, the keeping of it secret. Though in light of it coinciding with his ascension after Cape Town, it’s probably not surprising.

this from Brettig is a pretty good summation as to why CA’s handling of it is problematic:

HR matters are always secret though*, because they're not really anyones business unless guilt is found.

and the handling sounds like a CA problem, not a Tim Paine problem. They offered him a role and he took it. He should make them fire him. Might even be a wrongful dismissal case in there, I dunno, you're the lawyer.

*loooooooooooooooooooool i know

Burgey

There were two inquiries apparently. The Ca code of conduct one and the CTas HR. Both cleared him.

Had this been revealed a few months ago he could probably have got through it, but so close to the Ashes is too big a distraction I guess.

No doubt he was pushed though. CA always wants to play the moral guardian role despite ****ing everything up and fostering the very culture which led to Cape Town.

See also, Sutherland, James. Oversees an utter **** show, then when it blows up acts mortally offended then waits 12 months and leaves without sanctionbut with a massive bonus after selling the tv rights up the ****ter to Fox and Seven.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like how we've joined the disgrace stakes before the Ashes. So much shame will be on show come Test 1

anil1405

International Captain
1. Chris Gayle
2. Sanath Jayasuriya
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Ian Botham
7. Tim Paine (Wk)
9. Shane Warne (C)
10. Daniel Worral

One all rounder too many. Apt for HB to do the cheerleading and stick with the theme of this team.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
1. Chris Gayle
2. Sanath Jayasuriya
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Ian Botham
7. Tim Paine (Wk)
9. Shane Warne (C)
10. Daniel Worral

One all rounder too many. Apt for HB to do the cheerleading and stick with the theme of this team.
Why? Who's he sent dick picks to?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Chris Gayle
2. Sanath Jayasuriya
5. Shakib Al Hasan
6. Ian Botham
7. Tim Paine (Wk)
9. Shane Warne (C)
10. Daniel Worral

Shaping up to be a strong limited overs side. Paine the weak link again but what the hey, I guess.