• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This World Cup is great

loterry1994

International Debutant
Apart from the a few rains outs and duckworth Lewis drama. This World Cup has produced some really good matches and upsets. As well as having great ends to decide the semi finalists. The wickets have been good also and has a lot in it for the bowlers and there has been great contests and not many games have gone beyond 180 run mark

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Don't we say this pretty much every world cup? Or at least 3/4th of them?

Anyhow India, Pakistan and SA have been pathetic.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't we say this pretty much every world cup? Or at least 3/4th of them?

Anyhow India, Pakistan and SA have been pathetic.
Tbf Australia looked subpar too in the other group. The 2 teams that qualified from group 1 look stronger but SL and Australia were pretty underwhelming competition. I don't think the groups were particularly lopsided unlike last year. All the big dogs had their problems.

BazBall21

International Regular
That's got to be the greatest choke from South Africa yet. Unbelievable. They managed to capitalize but Australia were very lucky last year, were always going to get some reversion this year. Not a good enough T20 team to win it back to back. Lucky Pakistan sneak through after losing to Zim...

BazBall21

International Regular
Apart from the a few rains outs and duckworth Lewis drama. This World Cup has produced some really good matches and upsets. As well as having great ends to decide the semi finalists. The wickets have been good also and has a lot in it for the bowlers and there has been great contests and not many games have gone beyond 180 run mark
Disappointing crowds and a lot of rain but good World Cup so far other than that

Xuhaib

International Coach
Aus public it seems is still not willing to treat T 20 world as one of the pinnacle of the sport.

Crowds have been quite poor apart from. India games

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's worked out okay, but the weather made the early part a bit of a farce.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Australia terrible hosts both from a weather and team perspective. Thankfully England have been on hand to make the tournament worth watching.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Couple of tickets to a game probably costs more than a month’s pay tv subscription which allows you to watch every game from your couch

Socerer 01

International Vice-Captain
Couple of tickets to a game probably costs more than a month’s pay tv subscription which allows you to watch every game from your couch
why aren't tickets priced lesser then? surely it is better to recoup some money from it rather than let them go to waste?

Burgey

Yeah you can't even use your Members tix to get into a ground for a game and have to buy them like the great unwashed. And they're not cheap. I wasn't going to shell out $180 per ticket for a seat at a ground I'm a member of when I can watch the game at home. Not because I couldn't but I think it's bull**** you pay a couple of grand a year to be a member and then have to shell out on top. **** that.

**** the ICC

**** England.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah you can't even use your Members tix to get into a ground for a game and have to buy them like the great unwashed. And they're not cheap. I wasn't going to shell out $180 per ticket for a seat at a ground I'm a member of when I can watch the game at home. Not because I couldn't but I think it's bull**** you pay a couple of grand a year to be a member and then have to shell out on top. **** that.

**** the ICC

**** England.
Prick

Burgey

So I presume all neutrals basically have a preference for who wins from here which accord with my own:

Pakistan > India = NZ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>England.

Jay London

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think its been brilliant so far. Loving the way teams have to adapt to larger boundaries and especially to not really knowing how the pitch is going to play and having to change bowling plans throughout the tournament.

I like IPL and like the fact that the Australian conditions allow for a different type of game to IPL.

Burgey

Aus public it seems is still not willing to treat T 20 world as one of the pinnacle of the sport.

Crowds have been quite poor apart from. India games
Just wondering how many people you're expecting to front up to a SA v Netherlands game for example were it being held in any other neutral country? Aus and England are really the only cricket playing nations where there's anything like reasonably sized expat communities from other countries involved in the tourney.

DriveClub

International Regular
I think Australia missed a trick by not having some bbl veteran batsmen in the team who are used to playing t20 in australia. Ben Mcdermott could’ve been a good selection