• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "What Is He Smoking" Draft

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Faulkner for Flintoff is perfect because I needed an all rounder anyway.

Herbert Sutcliffe
-
Denis Compton
Vijay Hazare
AB de Villiers
Aubrey Faulkner
-
John Ward+
Shoaib Akhtar
Neil Adcock
Bill O'Reilly

weeman27bob

International Regular
1. Dick Spooner +
3. Seymour Nurse
4. Mushtaq Mohammad
5. Andy Flower
6. Corey Anderson
7. Ellyse Perry
9. Graeme Swann
10. George Greary

My team works surprisingly well so far given that I've only drafted one player I've picked. Could do with another seamer really though as I'm currently operating with one of Corey Anderson or Ellyse Perry opening the bowling.

I'll take Kabir Ali please.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Frank Worrell will be my next selection please

Charter 77 so Far

Matthew Hayden
Victor Trumper
Darryl Cullinan
Les Ames (+)
Wilfred Rhodes
Shaun Pollock
Basit Ali
Neil Wagner
Neville Quinn

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I should explain about the ffa round 10. I feel that there are a couple of people for whom this draft is becoming a little frustrating and going to an ffa format speeds it up and keeps it a bit lighter.

I have not repeated any rule through the course of this draft and I planned all of the rounds out in advance. I didn't plan on there being quite so many players banned, and nor did I intend for crap players to get banned and end up in sides after round 8. Cest la vie.

ataraxia

International Coach
1)
2) Vinoo Mankad o /
3) Don Bradman* /
4) Peter May /
5) Mahela Jayawardene /
6) Qasim Umar /
7) Jack Gregory o /
8) Alan Davidson o /
9) Wasim Bari + /
10) Alec Bedser o
11) Cuan McCarthy o

confident about this pick passing tbh

weeman27bob

International Regular
1. Dick Spooner +
2. Mushtaq Ali
3. Seymour Nurse
4. Mushtaq Mohammad
5. Andy Flower
6. Corey Anderson
7. Ellyse Perry
9. Graeme Swann
10. George Greary

My team works surprisingly well so far given that I've only drafted one player I've picked. Could do with another seamer really though as I'm currently operating with one of Corey Anderson or Ellyse Perry opening the bowling.

I'll take Kabir Ali please.
Was confused as to why I had one fewer person than everyone else. Turns out it's because I'm an idiot and didn't include someone.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
2. Charles Macartney
3. Don Bradman
4. Virat Kohli
5. Frank Worrell
6. Shoaib Malik
7. Kapil Dev
8. Wally Grout (wk)
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Hugh Tayfield

Ryan Harris next please (I hope!)

Himannv

International Coach
01. Jack Hobbs
04. Everton Weekes
05. Mike Hussey
06. Ollie Pope+
07. Matt Poore
08. Wahab Riaz
09. Dale Steyn
10. Joel Garner
11. Morne Morkel

Mostly posting this because I have no idea who's in my team. Not as flashy as the Bradman sides on the whole, but it's ok I think.