• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Test-only players ODI Draft

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Round 1

J_C - Barry Richards
watson - Keith Miller
kingkallis - Mike Procter
AldoRaine18 - Graeme Pollock
Zinzan
Morgieb
mr_mister
Red Hill
schearzie
Pothas
Agent TBY
OverratedSanity

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm excited for this:)

I'm also a little drafted out but like, they don't really eat into my day that much

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
With Sobers out of the picture, and what a shame that is, let's go for the second greatest left hander to play the game, according to The Don himself!

Graeme Pollock

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With Sobers out of the picture, and what a shame that is, let's go for the second greatest left hander to play the game, according to The Don himself!

Graeme Pollock

Bastard. I need to take a few minutes to reconsider now :p

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Damn it, I really wanted Miller or Pollock.

I'm so split over the next two in mind, but decided to go for Wally Hammond.

Not only could he be an outrageously attacking batsman - he held the test record of most sixes in an innings -10 for over 60 years until Akram went past him -, but he was a more than useful & accurate bowler who took over 80 test wickets and fine fielder to boot, even if he did hide at slip later in his career when he had a few extra pounds on him :p IIRC Pretty sure he was the first to take 100 test catches.

Round 1

J_C - Barry Richards
watson - Keith Miller
kingkallis - Mike Procter
AldoRaine18 - Graeme Pollock
Zinzan - Wally Hammond
Morgieb
mr_mister
Red Hill
schearzie
Pothas
Agent TBY
OverratedSanity

Morgieb > mr_mister > Red Hill

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bill was super economic. Good choice.

I'll go Stan McCabe. Fast scoring rate and some rated him second best after only Bradman during the 30s. The 232 must have came at better than a run a ball, but I don' think records were kept then like that. His 187 during Bodyline also came in only 4 hours, 240 minutes probably means around 200 balls right? I'm sure he farmed the strike both times though. He could also bowl a bit.

Last edited: