• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Scorecard says it's even, but my team can't win" thread: Gambhiring

Howe_zat

Audio File
Not sure who called him "His Roundness" but it's perfect - takes in the physical attribute which makes him so lovable to the average man, yet still sets him apart by bestowing a Royal moniker. It's nicknaming splendour, five stars. And a lot better than calling him TPC or another nickname which someone else already has.
ay up

Shady Slim

International Coach
yeah howe did it first then i shamelessly stole it for the captaincy thread

his fault for not taking out copyright imo

Howe_zat

Audio File
I totally agree with Burgey re: TPC, not least because Herath should have a better nickname, but AB is a completely different situation, I had never heard of Border being called AB by anyone except Burgey, but De Villiers was probably called that by his parents back when Border was still on the telly. One of these is poor form nickname stealing, the other is just natural selection.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
But AB isn't a nickname, it's just his name. I've never seen anyone call him Abraham or whatever.

I'm sure this has already been covered to death.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Man, I can't shake off the feel that the word Gambhiring makes exponentially more sense now than in 2011....

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Australia v India series next summer might break the record for the most Gambhiring in one thread.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
It's totally ****ing dire and the sheer volume of it does my head in. I mean are the Indian supporters taught this at school or what?

It's not even an hour into the second test, India are 39/0, England have Joe Root opening the bowling on what looks like a road and every Indian poster in the tour thread is saying this test is gone and they're done.........seriously **** off!!

Daemon

It's totally ****ing dire and the sheer volume of it does my head in. I mean are the Indian supporters taught this at school or what?

It's not even an hour into the second test, India are 39/0, England have Joe Root opening the bowling on what looks like a road and every Indian poster in the tour thread is saying this test is gone and they're done.........seriously **** off!!
5-0 to England

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

But its all true. This is the worst selection by an Indian test side since 2018 tour of South Africa. There is no way this England side should lose to this lot. This is worse than our Q side we put out at The Gabba.

OverratedSanity

Lol, good that its annoying you, cry more.

5-0 to England (unironically)