• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Official Gareth Hopkins isn't terrible thread

Woodster

International Captain
Yes kept pretty tidily today. His catch to remove Harbhajan was it, was an excellent take, a difficult chance made to look pretty easy. Now let's see what he can do with the bat.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He looked the part yesterday wearing that wide brim hat up to the stumps, he reminded me of a keeper from the 80s and like Woodster said, the Harbhajan dismissal was top notch keeping.

Good signs to see McCullum fielding well in the outfield and making a start with the bat. This all bodes well for Hopkins.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well what is better than him at?
He's a much better First Class cricketer than Guptill at present if you take the whole package - his batting and keeping. He's actually performed a lot better than Guptill with the bat so far in their respective careers but I think it's easy to see Guptill has more potential with the bat.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
He's a much better First Class cricketer than Guptill at present if you take the whole package - his batting and keeping. He's actually performed a lot better than Guptill with the bat so far in their respective careers but I think it's easy to see Guptill has more potential with the bat.
Guptil is a better one day player.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Even though I am predicting dire things for Hop"guns" I was very impressed by one shot by him. He was facing Shaun Tait in a 20/20 and Tait bowled him a 150kms bouncer at his noggin and Hopkins smacked it for six not to far away from where we were sitting. I think he made 18 out of NZ's pitiful 120 odd that day.

The other thing he has going for him is that he is a Kiwi - so I will post a congrats message if he gets 50.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Guptill is a good one day player but I'm not talking about one day cricket. Tim Papps is a good indoor cricketer.
Well you said the whole package. If you are going to play provincial cricket you have to turn up for the List A matches too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well you said the whole package. If you are going to play provincial cricket you have to turn up for the List A matches too.
I also said First Class cricket though.

"He's a much better First Class cricketer than Guptill at present if you take the whole package"

One day cricket is not First Class cricket.

Woodster

International Captain
His keeping has been great so far this innings. *touch wood*
Yes has looked very good with the gloves. Held his catches comfortably and without fuss, and not much has got through him on a difficult pitch. Let's hope he continues.