• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The "Not Taken In a Recent Draft" Draft

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tricky - there really are some fine players left, and I've been torn between four, but Asif Iqbal by a nose

Cyril Washbrook
*Michael Atherton
JT Tyldesley
Ernest Tyldesley
Asif Iqbal
Wilfred Rhodes
Maurice Tate
Bart King
+Don Tallon
George Lohmann
Sylvester Clarke

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vishy was never a No.3 batsman, so the job should go to either Graveney or Nurse imo. Graveney did thrash Wes Hall and Gilchrist around the park from time to time at the top of the order. His 258 at Nottingham against Roy Gilchrist springs to mind. Nurse would have batted more at first drop if not for Kanhai, as his average of 86 over 9 innings implies. Funnily enough, his top score is also 258.
Oh yeah, I need to shuffle the order a bit for sure as I admitted before. Slotting Graveney at 3 and bumping everyone down one spot seems perfect.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Tricky - there really are some fine players left, and I've been torn between four, but Asif Iqbal by a nose

Cyril Washbrook
*Michael Atherton
JT Tyldesley
Ernest Tyldesley
Asif Iqbal
Wilfred Rhodes
Maurice Tate
Bart King
+Don Tallon
George Lohmann
Sylvester Clarke
Nice side Fred. I especially like the Lohmann, Tate, Clarke attack. Don't know much about King.
I was most worried that you'd take my captain I'm going for next choice, so I lucked out there!

I rate Ernie as the better Tyldesley brother. As both were number 3's what was your reasoning for Johnny at 3?

Camo999

State 12th Man
Bit of a rush on wicket keepers. Think Jack Russell is still available.

Bill Woodfull
Vinoo Mankad 5
*Stephen Fleming
KS Duleepsinhji
Dean Jones
Jack Ryder 6
+Jack Russell
Learie Constantine 3
Fred Spofforth 1
Patrick Patterson 2
Subhash Gupte 4

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
1) Gary Kirsten
2) Eddie Barlow
3) Tom Graveney
4) Gundappa Viswanath
5) Mahela Jayawardene
6) Seymour Nurse
7) Syed Kirmani (+)
8) Garth le Roux
9) Vincent van der bijl
10) Ken Farnes
11) Lance Gibbs
Game over.

Ridiculous team. Forfeit or striking now.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Eddie Paynter

1. Jackie McGlew
2. Herbie Taylor [c]
3. Maurice Leyland
4. Eddie Paynter
5. Colin Bland
6. Frank Woolley [5]
7. Bert Oldfield [+]
8. Amar Singh [3]
9. Hugh Trumble [4]
10. Mohammad Nissar [2]
11. Fazal Mahmood [1]

Howe_zat

Audio File
Calm down you eejits. Waited for AZH to change, and even if i wasn't i'd still have another 3 hours (AZH's time was 8pm to 8am, it's currently 5:30)

Going to wait for him and then pick.

watson

Banned
Calm down you eejits. Waited for AZH to change, and even if i wasn't i'd still have another 3 hours (AZH's time was 8pm to 8am, it's currently 5:30)

Going to wait for him and then pick.
We're apparently doing 8 hour TATs, not 12 hours.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Anyhoo my pick is Allan Steel, a man who at the time of his last international had the best Test batting record in the world and still managed to take 789 first class wickets at 15

1. Conrad Hunte
2. Bill Brown
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Mohammed Yousuf
5. Ross Taylor
6. Allan Steel
7. Gilbert Jessop
8. Bob Taylor
9. Johnny Briggs
10. Stuart Broad
11. Bill Bowes

Pretty happy with that. Accomplished top five, batting down to 10, five matchwinning bowlers, top class gloveman.

watson

Banned
that's ludicrous as people sleep and work for longer than that

not speaking from experience, like, but still
Yeah but it's not as if everyone picks in minutes flat so you're caught with your trousers down. Pretty easy to make a guesstimate re your time slot.

Excellent recent podcast btw. Loved it. Garner an obvious candidate to be in the second row and a catcher in the line-out