• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Green Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
kwek said:
well guys...some thing certainly have to change, we really need the rest of the team coming back! we need way more batting depth and we're missing that a lot atm, i think i shouldve had an earlier bowl last game as it was a spinners pitch. although i think i still need a lot to work on with my bowling.
about next match, strong squad, although i think i deserve to be higher then 9
I agree you deserve to be above #9, however so does every other player positioned from 1-8 in that team so unfortunately we can't please everyone. We'll be getting a better feel for a more defined order as the games go on. Chances are you'll still have a good chance to get a strong score, especially with Hoy as the next man in (he's got a nack for hanging around). We bat down to #10 with that order.

Once the guys come back from the VB series, I hope everyone in the team will understand that it will be a very tough call when choosing a starting XI - a lot of people have already put their hands up in FC and Age and I (and Blewy and I, at least briefly) have already talked about how much of a headache it's going to be. :p I know that if I make the side on return, then I'll be considering myself lucky, too.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
We bat down to #10 with that order.
Not very well though :D

Loony BoB said:
Once the guys come back from the VB series, I hope everyone in the team will understand that it will be a very tough call when choosing a starting XI
As in actually finding 11 players competitive enough?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Green side for the OD game vs Black

A Garven
N Rose
A Feeney
C Walsh
A Lezama
D Rai
B Cunningham
N Hoy
P Sajith
T Weber
R Timewell

12th: Gooljar

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
** Warning **

Any player who refuses to refrain from posting in a clubhouse once asked to do so by a relevant CW captain or vice-captain, will be subject to a fine and suspension pending a ruling by the CWBCC on the content and context of the posts in question.

Please note that this does not mean that the person in question may not post at all in the opposing clubhouse, but that posts along certain lines are prohibited once a warning has been made.

bryce

International Regular
when are our national players back? in all honesty i think we are missing them really badly and the sooner they are back the better

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
While we are missing our internationals we still definatley have the personel to dominate the opposition, we have to lift our games, and fast, so we can get some points on the board before we fall too far behind to catch up. lets hit the nets hard and find some form :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
While we are missing our internationals we still definatley have the personel to dominate the opposition,

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 411 for 7 dec.
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 132 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings Following On 136 all out
Cricket Web Red won by an Innings and 143 runs.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
This is not abuse - anything but - I would honestly like to say thank you to NJ Rose, for dropping me on 7.

:thumbup: all round!

CHEERS

:p :D

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
I agree with age, and it's probably benefitial to everyone to just ignore marc entirely.

We do have the personnel capable of dominating the opposition and this has been shown in pre-season games as well as in our win over Blue - the problem for us has been consistency. One day our bowlers will take 10 wickets without too much of a problem, the next day they can't manage to take more than a wicket between them - and I can say similar things for the batting. But the facts remain that our players DO have the capability to rise up and score big runs and take wickets - so let's just keep our heads up, keep the bowlers coming in and keep our batsmen in the middle and the form will come for us, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I have complete faith in our team, with or without internationals.

Don

State Vice-Captain
well after a long hard day in the nets and some intense fielding&bowling practice i am very confident that we will do well against black.so lets go out there and show em what a good work ethic can do

Timewell

U19 Debutant
Come on Greens!!!

I'm back and I'm ready to ROCK AND/OR ROLL! Opposition beware - I'm coming for your wicket - don't say you've not been warned.

COME ON THE GREENS!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Lineup for 5 dayer vs Black

N Rose
A Feeney
C Walsh
A Garven*
D Rai
P Sajith
B Cunningham
+J Gray