• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have a severe man-crush on Alvaro Quiros:wub:
Followed him around for a few holes on Friday and he hit driver + sand/lob wedge into a 400+ metre hole

Just ridiculous

The guy is also a very good putter so could be worth a few bob as a value punt for the Masters

grecian

Smokey Robinson just compared golf to heroin in the pro-am, as good a way as any, to restart this thread for the year.

social

Alice Cooper gives a lot of credit to golf for his rehabilitation from drug addiction - was regularly playing 36 holes a day and got himself down to very low single figures

grecian

Well done for no-one doing the "when Smokey Swings" gag.

You can't stop the rock:)

Not just happy because I was on at 125-1 though, honestly:)

Normally think caddies are overpaid porters, but reckon Rock's deserved his pay cheque on the final hole.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i was sure that was going to happen:@...i guess a top 3 finish is still a good start to the season, even for tiger woods...

social

Well done for no-one doing the "when Smokey Swings" gag.

You can't stop the rock:)

Not just happy because I was on at 125-1 though, honestly:)

Normally think caddies are overpaid porters, but reckon Rock's deserved his pay cheque on the final hole.
Should get a bonus IMO as he convinced Rock to take a drop rather than try a hail mary when he only needed a bogey to win - could've been a disaster from where he was

Rock is obviously an interesting character

About the only pro not to wear headgear

No club deal as he likes to mix and match

Apparently enjoys "relaxing" after a round more than most

grecian

Should get a bonus IMO as he convinced Rock to take a drop rather than try a hail mary when he only needed a bogey to win - could've been a disaster from where he was

Rock is obviously an interesting character

About the only pro not to wear headgear

No club deal as he likes to mix and match

Apparently enjoys "relaxing" after a round more than most
Yeah, but recently he's become a lot more disciplined, hence why he's suddenly become a very handy golfer. He's still a bit spacy though, had no idea of all the additional benefits of winning this tournament, because he thought he couldn't win beforehand. Ignorance is bliss.

funny that the Barmy army was there, singing Rocky songs:laugh:

social

Yeah, but recently he's become a lot more disciplined, hence why he's suddenly become a very handy golfer. He's still a bit spacy though, had no idea of all the additional benefits of winning this tournament, because he thought he couldn't win beforehand. Ignorance is bliss.

funny that the Barmy army was there, singing Rocky songs:laugh:
Pubs are shut from 4pm to 6 pm in AD plus someone told me that the cricket had finished early

social

Lee Westwood stunned by Rafael Cabrera-Bello on fnal round of Dubai Desert Classic - Telegraph

For a guy that is probably the best striker of a golf ball around, it is really surprising how relatively poor Westwood is around the green.

It's not that he 3 putts/duffs chips etc, it's more a case of not threatening the hole all that often

His stats might look ok (cbf checking tbh) but there is little doubt that he leaves strokes out there more often than not and I dont reckon his short game is top 100 material

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
fantastic final round charge from lefty! goddamn it tiger...what the **** is going on with all the meltdowns on sundays?!:@

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
exciting final round and playoff at the riviera! haas played really well to beat mickelson and bradley...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
mcilroy wins the honda classic and becomes the world no: 1! at last we have a number one ranked player who looks the part! awesome sunday charge from tiger to finish second!

grecian

Yeah, and Rory could be there a while, coming into form at just the right time, with the season ahead of him.

social

mcilroy wins the honda classic and becomes the world no: 1! at last we have a number one ranked player who looks the part! awesome sunday charge from tiger to finish second!
Tbf, Donald was sensational last year - first official member to win both the European and PGA tour money list in the same year IIRC