• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dufner choking IMO (which granted means very little). But he's had heaps of chances to birdie and take the lead, but stuffed it

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
tiger has had a lot of trouble holding on to 36 hole leads recently and the trend is continuing...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I cannot believe Sportsbet already paid out Tiger Woods as a winner after day 2.

Wtf???

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah they might just regret that....a lot...he is still in position but his last 5 weekend rounds have been anything but impressive...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tiger dominating today, but he just got incredibly pissed off at a camera-man flashing when he was playing his shot. Was an official too, not a fan.

Resulted in a bogey, giving Chalmers a chance.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michelle Wie actually won a tournament:-O

I would be very happy about this if ****ing Justin Leonard had won the CMNC, as it would of been a very nice double, but he didn't choking ****.:@

grecian

so you won money on wie and lost your winnings on leonard then?:)
Well it was a double so I never won anything really. Yet if Leonard had won it would of been a couple of hundred pounds. Ho hum. Never seen Leonard putt like that it was really disappointing.

Think Michelle will push on now, really felt sorry for her, and her disastrous and gimmicky handing at the start of her career. Hopefully she can start to fulfill that phenomenal talent now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In an incredible act of generosity, the boss gave me a 2K voucher with Powergolf to get "some new irons".

For that dough, I might be able to buy a new swing!

social

Off to the golf in Dubai tomorrow

Apparently a beautiful course to look at but, as is typical of Norman designs, only pros can play it

Anyway, hoping that Adam Scott can continue his return to form

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hope you have a good one mate. Allenby in the lead UIMM - please throw something at him for me.

Anyone bought new clubs lately? I got a pretty huge gift voucher for my 40th and want to get some new irons. Can anyone recommend some to me if you've bought some lately please?

Last edited:

social

Hope you have a good one mate. Allenby in the lead UIMM - please throw something at him for me.

Anyone bought new clubs lately? I got a pretty huge gift voucher for my 40th and want to get some new irons. Can anyone recommend some to me if you've bought some lately please?
I have a few friends involved in pro golf and all say that Allenby is a really nice guy despite looking like a miserable bloke

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Norman or Appleby, who are almost universally hated

Golf was good but frustrating as I followed Scott and Harrington around for a while

Scott's ball striking is great but his short game was just ordinary (not the yips but wrong pace on putts and chips landing a foot or so off meant that he was left with 10 footers which he promptly missed)

Harrington is incredibly slow and more than once you felt like telling him to get on with it.

As for clubs, I swear by Pings (seem to look and feel good in my hands which is half the battle)

Only advice is to try as many out as possible and given that you have plenty to spend, get a pro to fit them for you and dont buy something simply because that's what the pros use

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well played westwood! the trophies look awesome! much better than the fedex cup although the extra 7.5 million $ might make up for the lack of trophy grandeur!:)
mcilroy will win this multiple times in the future...maybe he will win a fedex cup and the race to dubai in the same year...!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, rumours spreading about the wife chasing him with a golf club.

Next few days is going to be packed with headlines.