• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Golf Thread

cpr

International Coach
Poll on who'll win on BBC website had Woods at 8%, Day at 3%.

Remind me which ones had 3 second places at Masters in the last few years. Yeah he's not quite got over the line, but at least he can see the finishing tape before someone else breaks it....

Currently -6 too, which is a handy start.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
will an amateur win the open? will oosty, day or padraig get it done? or will golden boy spieth win the 3rd leg of the calendar slam? dj fades on saturday but maybe what he needs is to not be in the final group and come from behind to win a major...a lot of people currently 4-5 shots behind have a chance tomorrow if the conditions are windy and tough as predicted..

King Pietersen

International Captain
Branden Grace going along nicely this morning. -5 today through 8, and seem to be plenty of birdies on offer (Francesco Molinari is -6 so far today). Could change this afternoon though as the weather turns, so a good score from an early starter could be huge.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Going to be a great day, so many in with a chance, can see it being a birdie blitz and a brilliant finish. Would love the amateur to win it but Speith winning would set up the US PGA so brilliantly.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Boom. Grace moves to -6 for the day. Picked him as my European Tour Fantasy star man, so pretty pleased to see him getting up there this morning. 4 shots off the lead with 8 to play. Come on Branden, put some pressure on!

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Spieth's putting is nuts. Doesn't matter about the situation either, he just seems to hole so many.

This could go down to whether him or Leishman can birdie the last.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Leishman misses out on the last, now watch Spieth steal it right at the end.

Edit: Well ****, maybe not. Missed an easy one. Could still make a playoff.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He missed one.

Louis would have won me some money today if he had holed anything, missed so many.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Zach Johnson Champion. The one thing I like about golf majors over tennis is that (almost) anyone can win. His 2nd major 8 years after his first.