• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Drama Thread

Sunil1z

International Regular
BCCI should move SL vs Bangladesh match from Delhi . Pollution has peaked here . Remember SL fielders wearing mask in 2017 Test in Delhi . Scenes could be repeated again .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

"Mujhe toh abhi yeh bhi nahi pata ki kaun sa shot hai vo. Ab kya boloon main usme? Straight lofted shot ka statue banaya hai wahan pe.(What more can I say, they have made a statue of straight lofted shot. It's nice, I hope you guys enjoyed it, we saw the statue, it's fantastic.)," he added.
Such a fugly statue.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
BCCI should move SL vs Bangladesh match from Delhi . Pollution has peaked here . Remember SL fielders wearing mask in 2017 Test in Delhi . Scenes could be repeated again .
Agree. This is stupidity. They need a stadium away from the city if we are to host any games around Delhi.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I know there's a Champions Trophy place in the offing, but you're a real piece of **** if you appeal for a timed out for someone who's helmet broke. The guy made it to the crease, and you want to time him out for replacing a piece of equipment that protects the head from serious injury. Guess we already knew that about Shakib, though.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I know there's a Champions Trophy place in the offing, but you're a real piece of **** if you appeal for a timed out for someone who's helmet broke. The guy made it to the crease, and you want to time him out for replacing a piece of equipment that protects the head from serious injury. Guess we already knew that about Shakib, though.
****ib has added a lot of fire to the SL-Bangla rivalry, they already have a history. Only good thing to come out of this thing is that both nations will try to lift their games and win at any cost against each other. For SL, this game is more humiliated than the double-digit scores against India, need to get their **** in order and come back strong. This is going to be very fierce rivalry.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
****ib has added a lot of fire to the SL-Bangla rivalry, they already have a history. Only good thing to come out of this thing is that both nations will try to lift their games and win at any cost against each other. For SL, this game is more humiliated than the double-digit scores against India, need to get their **** in order and come back strong. This is going to be very fierce rivalry.
If anyone's comfortable adding fire to the rivalry by being a ****wit, then good luck to them. A helmet potentially saves lives, yet Shakib wants to time someone out when one legitimately falls apart. Not a fan.

Tom Flint

International Regular
The umpires have said the 2 mins were up before he had issues with the lid. Is this true. Surely they wouldn't lie about it?

Bijed

International Regular
Yeah, the law definitely needs to be amended. I'd even argue it should be worded to apply only in situations where the umpires judge that wasting time could directly impact the outcome of the game - i.e. the situation (I think) it was intended for of forcing a draw when you're otherwise likely to lose by just not coming out. There might still be times in ODIs where it could apply - like if a wicket falls with rain approaching and the batting team knows they're still ahead on DLS, but will be behind if the next batter faces a ball and gets out before the rain comes, so they just take ages to get out there.

But even if a batter takes 10 minutes or something stupid to get out there and get ready, if those extra minutes are going to be utterly irrelevant*, I don't think it should be punishable by qualifying as a form of dismissal. Penalty runs or something if you want to punish it, but not being out. And that's ignoring the fact that this instance involved safety equipment breaking

*I know there's always a chance that a test match ends up as a really tense draw and you could argue that any time taken out of any stage in the game could have been the difference between the draw and defeat, but let's be reasonable

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, the law definitely needs to be amended. I'd even argue it should be worded to apply only in situations where the umpires judge that wasting time could directly impact the outcome of the game - i.e. the situation (I think) it was intended for of forcing a draw when you're otherwise likely to lose by just not coming out. There might still be times in ODIs where it could apply - like if a wicket falls with rain approaching and the batting team knows they're still ahead on DLS, but will be behind if the next batter faces a ball and gets out before the rain comes, so they just take ages to get out there.

But even if a batter takes 10 minutes or something stupid to get out there and get ready, if those extra minutes are going to be utterly irrelevant*, I don't think it should be punishable by qualifying as a form of dismissal. Penalty runs or something if you want to punish it, but not being out. And that's ignoring the fact that this instance involved safety equipment breaking

*I know there's always a chance that a test match ends up as a really tense draw and you could argue that any time taken out of any stage in the game could have been the difference between the draw and defeat, but let's be reasonable
Common sense has no place in cricket rules