• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Dismantling of India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What is the point of posting on forums if you let people post false bs to fulfill their biased agendas and we are supposed to act as if nothing has happened and ignore him? How difficult is it to ban the **** as its obvious he is here to post trash and troll and bait Indian posters (and few others too by the looks of it)? When someone posts BS opinions which are not backed by facts, why is it wrong to call them out on it? He has gotten vcs riled up, of all people. Isn't that enough indication of how toxic his posting is?

EDIT: Chrome autocorrects too? FMD.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Away series in the last 2 years for Pakistan
2-1 in Sri Lanka
1-0 in Bangladesh and before you dismiss that, just jog back to October this year.
2-2 in England.
0-2 in New Zealand

It's not a great record but these are the last 4 away series they have played.

Compare that to the last 4 away series of
Australia
England
New Zealand
Sri Lanka

Other than South Africa who just have 0-3 in India, tell me which other team has a better away record in the last 2-3 years? India have 2 away wins which seems to be the highest, which is also how many Pakistan have, plus a drawn series.

If that's a bad away record, then I don't know what gold standard you judge teams by.
My whole point was not to denigrate it, but to point out that it's no better to anything that India, England, Australia, or NZ have done. And there's no comparison with SA's away record.

India get stick for getting smashed away from home, but they've been to England/Australia twice since Pakistan went there (before this year). So their failures stick more in the mind since they're more recent.

Pakistan's efforts in England were admirable, but I'm not going to give them a free pass for failing to beat WI and Zimbabwe.

indiaholic

International Captain
It is subtle trolling. You can't win. He is not going to get as angry as you are and you will likely be banned for hounding a forumer. Let it go.

Shri

Mr. Glass
The point is to amuse us. He is just the entertainment of the month. Let him have his fifteen minutes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Here we go again. You argue a point, and then someone says 'but nobody said that'

This post I would interpret it as 'Pakistan is actually pretty **** away from home'

If you interpret it differently, then we are arguing over meaning of words now.
EVeryone is pretty **** away from home compared to RSA. Not sure why you take offence?

indiaholic

International Captain
What should be Australia's bowling line up for the series? I think teams routinely make the mistake of selecting rubbish spinners in place of perfectly good pace bowlers.

vcs

What is the point of posting on forums if you let people post false bs to fulfill their biased agendas and we are supposed to act as if nothing has happened and ignore him? How difficult is it to ban the **** as its obvious he is here to post trash and troll and bait Indian posters (and few others too by the looks of it)? When someone posts BS opinions which are not backed by facts, why is it wrong to call them out on it? He has gotten vcs riled up, of all people. Isn't that enough indication of how toxic his posting is?

EDIT: Chrome autocorrects too? FMD.
Oh.. I'm not riled. He is amusing. Completely ignores any facts going against his agenda and posts in a horribly condescending tone as if he were some font of cricketing wisdom. :laugh:

I don't mind his bias/agenda or intellectual dishonesty so much, it is the condescension that bothers me more.

indiaholic

International Captain
That is why I said you can't win. It is the same strategy that TJB uses.. You can't counter trolling with sincerity.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
That's fine.. They might not be as dominant as India but they still have not lost a series at home since 2010. In the same period, India have a home defeat.

Australia have 3 home defeats since 2010.

I would take draws over defeats any day of the week.
Why is 2010 relevant now? If you are going back that far back why not take it back to 2009 too? I care about the most recent cycle and Pak have not been good as good as Ind and have won less than Aus, however you want to paint it. They gained major major points for drawing in England and that too, winning 2 tests, when most SC teams can only muster 1 at max, but as I said, those performances against WI does bring them down in the rankings, esp. because they did not beat them away either. And try looking at away performances too since 2010 beginning since you want to take that random cut off point for no rhyme or reason.

indiaholic

International Captain
What should be Australia's bowling line up for the series? I think teams routinely make the mistake of selecting rubbish spinners in place of perfectly good pace bowlers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Starc
Hazlewood
Cummins/Pattinson ( Pending fitness)
Lyon
Mitch Marsh/all rounder of the month
Smith rolling his arm over occasionally

smash84

The Tiger King
You speak as if I am the only one who feels he posts ****. Try all of CW except the Pak posters. :p
Everybody feels he posts **** but you seem to be the only one who keeps responding to him, even when he's not directly talking to you. I'd go mad if I were to keep responding to the likes of dhionisgland and a billion other Indian trolls. Heck, even rootfan, who is actually not really a rootfan seems to be on this forum for trolling but none of the Pak posters try and respond to him. So yeah, I call you out because LTM is taking your posting to ****. If you want it to go that way then be my guest, else just ignore him

vcs

If Hazlewood and Starc can average 25 or thereabouts, Australia have a great chance.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Idk why everyone is taking Australia so lightly and pretty much writing them off..

In Warner & Smith, Aus possess two of the most explosive Test batsmen who can truly trouble India. While in the bowling department, there's a lethal worldclass bowler in Starc and an experienced spin pro in Lyon!

If these four had a good to great series, I expect Australia to run India close or closer than England at least.
I don't think it will be 4-0 this time around, not at all..

One of the following-
3-0, 3-1 or even 2-1 if things go well for Australia.