• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The death

Precambrian

Banned
Sachin used to be a death bowler during the 90s (particularly early nineties). In fact he was instrumental in the Hero Cup Semifinal win over SA in 1993, when SA needed 6 runs in the last over, Tendulkar bowled a magnificient over giving just 3 reasons. 1st SEMI: India v South Africa at Calcutta, 24 Nov 1993

And this classic ODI at Perth in 91, when Tendulkar's one over dribble ensured that the match ended in a tie despite India scoring just 126 runs. Cricinfo - 1st Match: India v West Indies at Perth, Dec 6, 1991

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah have heard Garner was devastating in limited overs, so will go him, Akram and Gul. I am baffled every time Malik doesn't use Gul at the death as that seems to be his specialty.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah have heard Garner was devastating in limited overs, so will go him, Akram and Gul. I am baffled every time Malik doesn't use Gul at the death as that seems to be his specialty.
Also pretty handy in Tests with a bowling average below 21 and a first class average of 18. He was an awesome bowler and his yorkers were more or less unplayable and certainly unhittable. He had good pace but wasn't outstandingly quick (compared with, say, Marshall or Holding) but his angles were extremely awkward - he got an awful lot of lift and he had a high action which made the most of his enormous height.

I'd have Wasim and Garner bowl the last 2 overs at the death but if I had to pick one it would be Big Bird.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fleming was told to come around the wicket as part of team plans though, and got smashed.

When he came over the wicket he held his nerve.

But at the same time you're right, those two 4s should have cost Aust the match.