• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cupid and the Maid

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
How can you soo be sure that the marraige took place, were you the qazi that conducted the nikah.
Back in 2005, Same BBC reported this :-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4386849.stm

When Pakistan's cricket team arrives in Hyderabad next week for a practice match, it will be an extraordinary occasion for one member of the team.

This is because the bowler, Shoaib Malik, will be meeting his in-laws.

His wife is Ayesha (aka Maha Siddiqui) - a Hyderabadi girl brought up in Saudi Arabia. She is an administrator in a Jeddah school, and is currently doing an MBA course.

But the two are yet to be formally wedded as they had performed their nikah (marriage) nearly two years ago over the phone.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Back in 2005, Same BBC reported this :-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4386849.stm

When Pakistan's cricket team arrives in Hyderabad next week for a practice match, it will be an extraordinary occasion for one member of the team.

This is because the bowler, Shoaib Malik, will be meeting his in-laws.

His wife is Ayesha (aka Maha Siddiqui) - a Hyderabadi girl brought up in Saudi Arabia. She is an administrator in a Jeddah school, and is currently doing an MBA course.

But the two are yet to be formally wedded as they had performed their nikah (marriage) nearly two years ago over the phone.
hmm...interesting but I have seen several Shoaib Malik's interviews and when asked about this marraige thingy he has always said that he never married this girl.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
This is the truth:

"He (Shoaib) said that this marriage scandal is a fraud as no nikah or rukhsati took place and the parents of Aysha are dishonouring the religion.

He said that the girl’s parents had invited the entire Pakistan cricket team at dinner in 2005 but they did not show the girl on the insistence of Inzamam-ul-Haq nor they arranged any meeting with her despite his efforts. This reveals that it was all fraud and the matter was ended in 2005 after the truth was known."

"Yes, Shoaib had an affair with a girl named Ayesha on the Internet. He wanted to marry her and Siddiqui claimed her as his daughter. But the photographs they showed of Ayesha to Malik were not that of their real daughter. They tried to commit a fraud with us," Imran said.

And all this makes sense when you look at the girl's picture. http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/44127/2004638182878203500_rs.jpg

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
This is the truth:

"He (Shoaib) said that this marriage scandal is a fraud as no nikah or rukhsati took place and the parents of Aysha are dishonouring the religion.

He said that the girl’s parents had invited the entire Pakistan cricket team at dinner in 2005 but they did not show the girl on the insistence of Inzamam-ul-Haq nor they arranged any meeting with her despite his efforts. This reveals that it was all fraud and the matter was ended in 2005 after the truth was known."

"Yes, Shoaib had an affair with a girl named Ayesha on the Internet. He wanted to marry her and Siddiqui claimed her as his daughter. But the photographs they showed of Ayesha to Malik were not that of their real daughter. They tried to commit a fraud with us," Imran said.

And all this makes sense when you look at the girl's picture. http://aycu08.webshots.com/image/44127/2004638182878203500_rs.jpg
How bizarre and unfortunate.

Strange to see Inzamam-ul-Haqs involvement. Unless I missed something, that level of involvement seems a lot for a Captain of a team.

Beleg

International Regular
Goughy,

Inzamam was the moral police, the godfather and the proverbial father all rolled into one for the team.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
How bizarre and unfortunate.

Strange to see Inzamam-ul-Haqs involvement. Unless I missed something, that level of involvement seems a lot for a Captain of a team.
I think you're confused, Goughy. Despite the very obvious similarities, that picture isn't of Inzy. :ph34r:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
hmm...interesting but I have seen several Shoaib Malik's interviews and when asked about this marraige thingy he has always said that he never married this girl.
This marriage was reported in 2005 and there wasn't any denial until 2008, at least notthing was reported in the media. In the subcontinent, you dont maintain relationships with the girl and her family for that long if you are not married to her.

Internet relationships dont last for 5 years.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This marriage was reported in 2005 and there wasn't any denial until 2008, at least notthing was reported in the media. In the subcontinent, you dont maintain relationships with the girl and her family for that long if you are not married to her.

Tell that to Richard - he's had a relationship with CW for about that long.

Fusion

Global Moderator

Yeah it seems strange to me that he would wait that long to sort this out. If I had to guess, I would think that the Nikah did happen. Perhaps he was lied to and thought he was marrying someone else, that we don't know. However, he really made no great effort to deny the relationship (leading to the marraige stories) when they first appeared.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Tell that to Richard - he's had a relationship with CW for about that long.
Well, Richard isn't from the Subcontinent though, is he ?

Although I wont be surprised if he can make that claim and that all his MSN buddies talk about it(his subcontinental roots) all the time.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Well it seems that Shoaib was duped...........apparently an elder(and better looking) sister pretended to be Ayesha.

I dont think Shoaib would have married the girl in the picture knowingly.