• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
Seriously though, let's ignore the outside opinion and just decide between ourselves if we really want to change our name from CW Colts and if we really want to be a colour.

Personally, I'm a neutral vote for changing name at all - I don't mind if we do - but I'm against being just another colour as I feel that we shouldn't need to be labelled in the same way as every other team. It's kind of sad that every team is a colour at all to be honest - I think it's lacking in imagination and is rather boring. And we end up with the crappy leftover colours. :p I'd rather be a 'Colt' than a 'Yellow' or a 'Gold'. We all know our uniform is yellow, and anyone who isn't colourblind (or blind altogether) can see the same, so if we must pick a name, let's not pick something redundant.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
Seriously though, let's ignore the outside opinion and just decide between ourselves if we really want to change our name from CW Colts and if we really want to be a colour.
surely the CWBCC can decide to change your name if they wan't and decide it would be more relevant?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Loony BoB said:

Personally, I'm a neutral vote for changing name at all - I don't mind if we do - but I'm against being just another colour as I feel that we shouldn't need to be labelled in the same way as every other team. It's kind of sad that every team is a colour at all to be honest - I think it's lacking in imagination and is rather boring. And we end up with the crappy leftover colours. :p I'd rather be a 'Colt' than a 'Yellow' or a 'Gold'. We all know our uniform is yellow, and anyone who isn't colourblind (or blind altogether) can see the same, so if we must pick a name, let's not pick something redundant.

Seems like effort really. CBF. Stay Colts.

Loony BoB

International Captain
superkingdave said:
surely the CWBCC can decide to change your name if they wan't and decide it would be more relevant?
I'd be disappointed if they became dictators over such trivial matters rather than concentrating on more important affairs. This is our team, we can call ourselves what we like as far as I'm concerned.

So far the voting is in favour of staying Colts, it seems. :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Loony BoB said:
So far the voting is in favour of staying Colts, it seems. :)

*is indecisive*

Look, if we ARE going to change our name to a colour, I'd like it to be Gold, instead of Yellow. However, if we're going to change our name to something besides a colour (CW Table legs anyone?) I'd rather we stay the Colts because, unless we find the perfect name, we probably won't settle on a name...

Loony BoB

International Captain
We effectively are the CW (Yellow) Colts at the moment so I'll take that as a vote for no change (which I'm happy with).