• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, I'm not keen on being a colour just because the other teams are. No need to give in to peer pressure, I was always told :p

Vimes said:
Sorry to spoil the party, but yes, there is - you've got many more players, so you can't hold on to everyone without there being squad unfairness somewhere.
After a brief check, there should be a way to give every team 15 or 16 players at the moment without us having to lose a single one of ours. If we get another player signing in, maybe, but we've always had some teams with one or two more players than the other sides.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
marc71178 said:
But if they're not a colour, why do the rest of us have to be?

Nothing I guess. But all the teams are older than the Colts and there's a bit of tradition/spirit about it. I can't comment too much since I've only been at the Colts, but I wouldn't be fussed if the teams changed their names...

Edit: this was before my time, but, the teams used to be CW 'A' and CW 'B', or something?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would be encouraging all players to stick with the Colts. We are a ligitimate team in the competition. Originally the Colts started because of the influx of new players. At the beginning of our first season except for Daniel and I all players in the squad were rookies. I feel now we have built a successful culture and good team comradery (sp) and I would hate to see that change. Besides, we are not the team that gets all the new rookies, they are spread amongst the teams.

As far as a team name change goes I was originally for a name change to Gold so we weren't seen as a development squad, however, now that we've been playing under that name for a few seasons I would be loath to change it, however I am not the future of this team, so if other members of the team would like to change the name I will give it my full support.

David

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
I In three seasons we've managed to out-do every one of the older squads in activity
This comes as no surprise to me, looking at the mercurial nature of people. I'd say a new squad would indeed have more activity simply because it's new to them. No?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mister Wright said:
I would be encouraging all players to stick with the Colts. We are a ligitimate team in the competition. Originally the Colts started because of the influx of new players. At the beginning of our first season except for Daniel and I all players in the squad were rookies. I feel now we have built a successful culture and good team comradery (sp) and I would hate to see that change. Besides, we are not the team that gets all the new rookies, they are spread amongst the teams.

As far as a team name change goes I was originally for a name change to Gold so we weren't seen as a development squad, however, now that we've been playing under that name for a few seasons I would be loath to change it, however I am not the future of this team, so if other members of the team would like to change the name I will give it my full support.
Pretty much off-topic.

Loony BoB

International Captain
David said:
This comes as no surprise to me, looking at the mercurial nature of people. I'd say a new squad would indeed have more activity simply because it's new to them. No?
Doesn't mean we can't take pride in pointing it out. :D

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
After a brief check, there should be a way to give every team 15 or 16 players at the moment without us having to lose a single one of ours. If we get another player signing in, maybe, but we've always had some teams with one or two more players than the other sides.
There was. :p

Majin

International Debutant
I demand Geggy stay, especially with Kyle leaving next season. I think the colts have shown enough potential to be able to not just be a springboard team and an ability to compete with any of the other teams on any given day, so to pull it apart would be a step backwards, especially with the team working so well together like it does now. Plus, Geggy is a good lad. Rather him here than a gobby ***** :ph34r: But yeah I mean, if Geg leaves and then Kyle goes too, we might be left with a bad situation in the seam bowling department, and let's be fair, it's not as if any other teams are struggling in that department now either. The dev league bowling is pretty much quality.

As for name change...meh. I'd prefer to stay as the Colts, just because it's what we've been called since the start and there's nothing wrong with the name, but if it has to change, Yellow or Gold is fine.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Yellow Orange Gold all fine..I reckon we should get a colour..but hey, im a newbie in Colts...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
I have to agree that the Colts should have their name changed. Yellow i think would be a good colour, caminly because from memory thats what they have been associated with anyway.

As for changing all the names, you can do a search and back between season 6 and 7 (i think) we looked at changing them - the lack of success from that came from noone being able to agree on the new names. It would not surprise me if this were to happen again if people wanted to change them. That said i am not adverse to changing the names and if someone can come up with some good suggestions im quite open to it.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Majin said:
I demand Geggy stay, especially with Kyle leaving next season. I think the colts have shown enough potential to be able to not just be a springboard team and an ability to compete with any of the other teams on any given day, so to pull it apart would be a step backwards, especially with the team working so well together like it does now. Plus, Geggy is a good lad. Rather him here than a gobby ***** :ph34r: But yeah I mean, if Geg leaves and then Kyle goes too, we might be left with a bad situation in the seam bowling department, and let's be fair, it's not as if any other teams are struggling in that department now either. The dev league bowling is pretty much quality.

As for name change...meh. I'd prefer to stay as the Colts, just because it's what we've been called since the start and there's nothing wrong with the name, but if it has to change, Yellow or Gold is fine.

Aww shucks, :happy:

Personally, I would like a change. CW Gold. But that's just my opinion...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Gold is the only colour that appeals to me so far, but I'd rather not be just another colour team because of "hey, all the other teams do it!"