• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Colts Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
Beamer Smith is a fast bowling all rounder slogger apparently...
Who's going to score thousands of runs, take 100s of wickets and be nice to small children...

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I'm a pinch hitter in the defensive lineup, this bowling allrounder could be worth it if he proves himself, he could follow the path all bowling allrounders take:

To smash it like Freddie (batting and bowling wise)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Dizzy #4 said:
I'm a pinch hitter in the defensive lineup, this bowling allrounder could be worth it if he proves himself, he could follow the path all bowling allrounders take:

To smash it like Freddie (batting and bowling wise)
Probably just something to do with the sim, Howler - you would have been brought in earlier than that, for sure.

cometer

State Regular
nice past few performances Colts, shame we couldnt track down the required amount in the last OD game but the start of this season has been great in terms of team performance.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Rai and myself make way for "Beamer" Smith and Burke, who both make their first match of the season. Best of luck to both of them - let's get another win under our belt, lads!

Notable that this is the first time we've used only one spinner in an OD for quite some time, should be interesting to see how it rolls out.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What a comeback! Just...wow!

Well done guys! Despite our first innings that's got to rank as one of our best wins...

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
good comeback, just good god as all I hall to say, big credicts to the bowlers, Nayak,Towns, well done, and let us hope we never end up like that again!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very happy with the commitment in the 2nd innings. However, when we are in a great position in the 1st innings, we need to put the game away then. Celebrate the victory, but remember there are plenty of things to work on.

wrangler203

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good victory guys, I;d like to thank the selection commitee for keeping the faith, hopefully i repaid some of their faith today. Even though my last performances have been uninspiring...hopefully with this knock, i can return to form.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Our pace battery is rivalling the best in the league, these days.

Hancock's importance can't be understated. If you keep up this form, you should have an "A" tour in sights. Definently U/19s (if your eligible :p)

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
How true, seeing how they destoryed Red on a Batter's pitch, But are badly underestimated! Hancock is just a stoke of Davison/Tikolo/Hamelton style, can do anything, I expect he'll do well in both forms of the game and will be definate for both the Batting and Bowling XI! Our batting is getting to that stage where if in good form, can really turn it on!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Dizzy #4 said:
How true, seeing how they destoryed Red on a Batter's pitch, But are badly underestimated! Hancock is just a stoke of Davison/Tikolo/Hamelton style, can do anything, I expect he'll do well in both forms of the game and will be definate for both the Batting and Bowling XI! Our batting is getting to that stage where if in good form, can really turn it on!
You are awesome.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'd just like to congratulate McNamara, Thomas, Hancock and Jasotharan for their much deserved callups to the CW U-19 Squad. I'd also like to make a special congrats to Jack, who has been named captain of the squad. I'm sure I speak for everyone in the CW Colts when we say that we wish you all the best - and given three of our bowlers are in the squad, that we look forward to your return, too!

The other Colts bowlers have some shoes to fill, but I'm sure that they'll be happy for the opportunity to play some Dev League cricket and hopefully make an impact. :)

I'd also like to welcome Lowings to the squad!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I guess Burkey will try take every chance he gets, eh Burkey, try get some runs ok? The team does need someone who can get runs fast now with my departure to NZ, which is the 14th right?