• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The biggest entertainer in history?

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
guys who do you think is the biggest entertainer in history? At the moment i will say its dhoni for me, i cant wait for him to come at the crease.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Enntertainer in what sense?

If you are talking about the overall personalty of a player then its Shane Warne and Shoaib Akhtar.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Elvis in his later years. Keep eating those deep-fried peanut butter sandwiches chief.

In cricketing terms Sachin's probably brought more joy to more people than any other player.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Matt79 said:
Elvis in his later years. Keep eating those deep-fried peanut butter sandwiches chief.

In cricketing terms Sachin's probably brought more joy to more people than any other player.
Thats due to the huge Indian population.

Fusion

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
Michael Jordan and Muhammad Ali
Those are two excellent choices. In the sporting universe, probably the two most recognizable names with deserving resumes to match.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Terrifying just watching him, **** knows what it must have been like awaiting him as a batsman.

Simply brilliant.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pedro Delgado said:
Terrifying just watching him, **** knows what it must have been like awaiting him as a batsman.

Simply brilliant.
I think I have an unhealthy obsession with fast bowlers these days. :wub:

Dravid

International Captain
Xuhaib said:
Sachin is probably the most popular player world wide over the last 15 years. Not just India, but he is admired by everyone for his greatness. That's why he is the biggest entertainer for me in histroy.

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
I think I have an unhealthy obsession with fast bowlers these days. :wub:
I've got an unhealthy obsession with AAD in particular.. The only reason along with my dad that I'm interested in cricket, takes a bit of a champ to inspire someone that much..

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
not really sure about that......i would never get bored of watching sachin bat, the reason i would rate sachin as one of the most entertaining player is becuase of his wide range of shots, his shot selection and his ability to score lots of runs is just amazing!!!!! Although just for pure entertainment value i would go for afridi, he is the only player i have seen no one would get bored of, infact i have known people who dont even like watching cricket wouldnt mind watching him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
godofcricket said:
not really sure about that......i would never get bored of watching sachin bat, the reason i would rate sachin as one of the most entertaining player is becuase of his wide range of shots, his shot selection and his ability to score lots of runs is just amazing!!!!! Although just for pure entertainment value i would go for afridi, he is the only player i have seen no one would get bored of, infact i have known people who dont even like watching cricket wouldnt mind watching him.

I'm not into watching Dhoni/Afridi. The sixes are nice, but its boring because you know they will never play a match saving innings in the second innings. Its kind of hit-hit-out. I don't know, it just gets old. If I want that, I'll watch 20/20.