• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Battle of the Commentators

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Going for Coney. Underutilised commentator one feels. Heard him a few times on TMS and he was Sky's in-studio expert for their coverage of the NZ/Sri Lanka test series last winter (meaning, I guess, only us Poms got the benefit of his wisdom :happy:) and he's all gold. Witty, knowledgeable and not afraid to voice an opinion.

I don't mind old Coze either, even if he does lay on the "Oh, we've ever so poo now. It's our system, you know" a bit thick sometimes.

neville cardus

International Debutant
Loving the av mate - wanted that as my Trumper pic a few weeks back but couldn't find it. Very possibly the greatest of all cricket photographs IMO.
Tony Greig's ill-considered analysis pains me: "Looking at that picture makes me wonder just how quick the bowlers were at that time, because there is no way any modern batsman could lift the bat that high against Michael Holding or Jeff Thomson and hope to survive."

Here, though, is one of my favourites -- untainted, thankfully, by Greig's doltish judgement:

Attachments

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Tony Cozier. Love his commentary a lot. Coney is pretty good too though.

Last edited: