• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG World XI's game

G.I.Joe

International Coach
1. Same as posted.
2. Lindwall and Davidson
3. Jim Laker
4. 5 bowling options - Faulkner will be the fifth.

Jager

International Debutant
1. Same as posted.
2. Lindwall and Davidson
3. Jim Laker
4. 5 bowling options - Faulkner will be the fifth.
Faulkner batting at 6/7 would surely make a great batting lineup and his bowling would add an extra dimension, I like that thinking.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
1. Happy with the batting order

2. Michael Holding and Ray Lindwall

3. Clarrie Grimmett

4. 4 Bowling options

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. Put Trueman at #8, otherwise fine

2. Harold Larwood and Allan Donald

3. Jim Laker

4. We ought to wait to see what kind of a batting lineup we can put together.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Order looks fine to me.
2. Davidson, Larwood
3. Grimmett
4. Will withhold judgement until we've got the framework of the XI.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Looks OK to me.
2. Garner and Davidson
3. Laker
4. I think 5 would work better, but am OK with 4 if we pick a batting all-rounder.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
1) As listed
2) Donald and Garner
3) Laker
4) Yes, but in the form of a batting all rounder. Or if the rest of the bowlers are fairly decent batsmen.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Michael Holding
Ray Lindwall

Clarrie Grimmett
Fifth bowler an all rounder either Worrell or Faulkner.

Grimmett barely over Laker and a opening attack of Garner and Davidson would keep the rate down but would not be very attacking. Besides neither Garner or Davidson is rated higher than their respexrive country men Holding or Lindwall who opened the bowling over Garner and Davidson.

Jager

International Debutant
Alright, I'll wrap this one up seeing as there's been a stack of votes from the usual group. Davidson won the first spot, and it was a draw between Holding and Garner with 5 votes each. Myself having voted for Garner means that Holding will open the bowling. Laker just edged out Grimmett even with my own vote, so we now have a lineup that reads so far...

8. Davidson (1)
9. Holding (2)
10. Laker

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Alright, I'll wrap this one up seeing as there's been a stack of votes from the usual group. Davidson won the first spot, and it was a draw between Holding and Garner with 5 votes each. Myself having voted for Garner means that Holding will open the bowling. Laker just edged out Grimmett even with my own vote, so we now have a lineup that reads so far...

8. Davidson (1)
9. Holding (2)
11. Grimmett
Grimmett got in? :p

Jager

International Debutant
Now, we work with the top order.

1. Select your 2 favoured opening batsmen
2. Select your first drop batsman to occupy the vital number 3 position

Suggested opening batsman shortlist
Dennis Amiss, Saeed Anwar, Eddie Barlow, Geoff Boycott, Trevor Goddard, Graham Gooch, WG Grace, Gordon Greenidge, Matthew Hayden, Desmond Haynes, Conrad Hunte, Sanath Jayasuriya, Archie McLaren, Vijay Merchant, Bruce Mitchell, Hanif Mohammad, Arthur Morris, Bill Ponsford, Virender Sehwag, Graeme Smith, Bill Woodfull

Ideas for number 3 batsmen (this is the middle order list)
Zaheer Abbas, Ken Barrington, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Dennis Compton, Martin Crowe, Ted Dexter, Rahul Dravid, Andy Flower, David Gower, Neil Harvey, Vijay Hazare, Mahela Jayawardene, Rohan Kanhai, Clive Lloyd, Charlie Macartney, Peter May, Stan McCabe, Javed Miandad, Dudley Nourse, Ricky Ponting, Kumar Sangakkara, Inzamam ul-Haq, Clyde Walcott, Doug Walters, Steve Waugh, Everton Weekes, Frank Worrell, Mohammad Yousuf

Last edited: