• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 90s and 00s banlisted draft thread

Shri

Mr. Glass
Damien Martyn for my next pick.

4. Damien Martyn
6. MS Dhoni
7. Daniel Vettori
8. Fanie de Villiers
11. Makhaya Ntini

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Yep, it looks that way. Are you surprised by those selections? Everyone must want David Boon :p
Not by the order in particular (given the banned players, though lacking some love for the 90s chaps) but by everyone dallying with openers.

Their draft, not mine...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not by the order in particular (given the banned players, though lacking some love for the 90s chaps) but by everyone dallying with openers.

Their draft, not mine...
In all fairness, Stewie might yet open for me depending on how the draft goes.

Katich picked waaaay too early tho, IMHO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Their draft, not mine...
Dallying as in wasting time? You need to pick 2 eventually, I went for Sehwag in the first round as I felt like he deserved a place in the banned list, so he was a bonus.

This draft is going to get really good at around the 8th and 9th rounds, because in rounds 10 and 11 there is definitely going to be a few of us spewing that someone else selected the only opener/keeper/spinner/fast bowler etc remaining.

Matt is up..

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dallying as in wasting time? You need to pick 2 eventually, I went for Sehwag in the first round as I felt like he deserved a place in the banned list, so he was a bonus.

This draft is going to get really good at around the 8th and 9th rounds, because in rounds 10 and 11 there is definitely going to be a few of us spewing that someone else selected the only opener/keeper/spinner/fast bowler etc remaining.

Matt is up..
I was thinking of making a rule change and introducing a round 12 where anyone could swap any player out of their team for a non-banlisted and previously unpicked player. Basically so you can't get your balance screwed by getting a bad spot in the last two rounds.

What do people think?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It would probably help me, but some people may have made some selections with only 11 rounds in mind.

I'm happy either way.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Would be against that personally - if you're low in one of the last 2 rounds, you're going to be higher in the other.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be against that personally - if you're low in one of the last 2 rounds, you're going to be higher in the other.
Yes, the only problem is those who end up at 5 or 6... they may be after a single bowler and due to the draw not get a shot at any.

Anyway I'm happy to go with the concensus on this issue and if I had have thought about it earlier I'd have written it into the rules before I started.

So could people have a think and in round six, vote yes or no to the rule change along with their pick.

bunny

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
In all fairness, Stewie might yet open for me depending on how the draft goes.

Katich picked waaaay too early tho, IMHO.
Na I dont think so. Katich is an awesome player. He will end up being one of the best openers to ever play for Australia.

Matt79

Global Moderator
****. Whatever. Did go back, but somehow missed that. Give me Younis Khan and if he's unavailable just give me ****ing Floyd Reifer.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I always enjoyed watching Saqlain Mushtaq and it's a travesty that he didn't play more Test matches, still 208 wickets at under 30 is pretty handy.

Team so far includes: Sehwag, Bond, Pietersen, Vaas, Saqlain.