• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Career Chain Draft

ataraxia

International Coach
Forgot about this. The rules are:

You pick a player whose test career has overlapped with the player picked by the drafter immediately before you in the order.

For example, if the player before you picks Aubrey Faulkner (career 2 January 1906 to 28 June 1924) then you can pick Herbert Sutcliffe (career 14 June 1924 to 29 June 1935) but not Bill Ponsford (career 19 December 1924 to 22 August 1934).

We'll try no timeouts because otherwise you can play unfairly to your advantage whilst holding up the draft.

The player the first drafter picks from is Mahmudullah (career 9 July 2009 to 7 February 2020). Please state the dates of the player's career when making your pick.

Bradman is eligible.

There is a new order every round.

R1 order:
  1. JOJOXI
  2. Fuller Pilch
  3. ankitj
  4. trundler
  5. ataraxia
  6. Pothas
  7. honestbharani
  8. Himannv
  9. kingkallis
  10. Michaelf7777777
  11. Teuton
If you want to join you slot in at the end of round 1.

@JOJOXI is up to pick from Mahmudullah.

Last edited:

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Really stuck between 3 players. Need to think about this.
Likewise, after my pick and about 5 minutes before your Murali pick (1st time around) I had a proper look and hadn't thought about a couple of players who qualified at first but decided to stick with my pick as was likewise unsure and if it ever gets back to the late 2000s/2010s then S Smith is the standout Test player

ataraxia

International Coach
@trundler is up; just noting that if a player's retirement and another player's debut (or vice versa) are on the same date then picking one of the players after the other is an eligible pick.

ataraxia

International Coach
A lot of very good options here.

Jacques Kallis (14 December 1995 to 26 December 2013)

4) Jacques Kallis / o

ataraxia

International Coach
JOJOXI: Steve Smith (13 July 2010 to 3 January 2020)
Fuller Pilch: Muttiah Muralitharan (28 August 1992 to 18 July 2010)
ankitj: Shane Warne (2 January 1992 to 2 January 2007)
trundler: Glenn McGrath (12 November 1993 to 2 January 2007)
ataraxia: Jacques Kallis (14 December 1995 to 26 December 2013)
@Pothas
honestbharani
Himannv
kingkallis
Michaelf7777777
Teuton

ataraxia

International Coach
I randomised R2, and this is what I got:
  1. Teuton
  2. Pothas
  3. Michaelf7777777
  4. trundler
  5. ataraxia
  6. honestbharani
  7. Fuller Pilch
  8. Himannv
  9. JOJOXI
  10. kingkallis
  11. ankitj
So Teuton does get a double pick after all...