• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Career Chain Draft

ataraxia

International Coach
1) Jack Hobbs /
2) Bill Lawry /
3) Clyde Walcott /
4) Jacques Kallis / o
5) Javed Miandad /
6) Shivnarine Chanderpaul /
7) BJ Watling + /
8) Ravichandran Ashwin o /
9) Wasim Akram o /
10) Sydney Barnes o
11) Allan Donald o

No weakness + great pace attack + Kallis/Hobbs = very good side.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Graeme Smith*
Geoff Boycott
Ted Dexter 5
Everton Weekes
Virat Kohli
Michael Clarke
Brendon McCullum+
Alec Bedser 3
Derek Underwood 4
Curtly Ambrose 2
Glen McGrath 1

Well rounded side with no real weaknesses, I like it. Middling by standards of the draft though.

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
01. Barry Richards
02. W. G. Grace
03. Viv Richards
04. Greg Chappell*
05. Rohan Kanhai
06. Mike Hussey
07. Sarfaraz Ahmed+
08. Anil Kumble
09. Harold Larwood
10. Kagiso Rabada
11. Courtney Walsh

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I could take Azhar Ali but I will go with Cheteshwar Pujara and have Dravid open.

Len Hutton
Rahul Dravid
Cheteshwar Pujara
Dudley Nourse
Frank Worrell [6] (c)
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Andrew Flintoff [5]
Alan Davidson [2]
Shane Warne [4]
Fazal Mahmood [3]
Michael Holding [1]

Middling unit. May be a 7/10

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If I realized Hussey was available, I would have taken him instead of Flintoff and used Worrell as 5th bowler. Would have been better for overall balance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I could take Azhar Ali but I will go with Cheteshwar Pujara and have Dravid open.

Len Hutton
Rahul Dravid
Cheteshwar Pujara
Dudley Nourse
Frank Worrell [6] (c)
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Andrew Flintoff [5]
Alan Davidson [2]
Shane Warne [4]
Fazal Mahmood [3]
Michael Holding [1]

Middling unit. May be a 7/10
Pujara has had success opening too.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
JOJOXI

Gordon Greenidge
David Warner
Ken Barrington
Steve Smith (p/t - 7)
Joe Root (p/t - 6)
Andy Flower (wk)
Ian Botham (4)
Richie Benaud (5)
Ray Lindwall (1)
Clarrie Grimmett (3)
Dennis Lillee (2)

Pretty happy with my side - ideally wanted a better opener then Warner but Warner does average almost 49 and both Greenidge and Warner could take the game away from you in a session. If either was to fail early have a very good middle order to follow and batting depth with Botham, Benaud and Lindwall. However, we still have 5 bowlers who all average under 29 and in Grimmett and Benaud a great spin attack to attack from both ends if the pitch starts to spin from early on. Lindwall and Lillee a formiddable opening bowling pair and hope at 7 Botham can provide a bit of magic when its needed. Importantly too whilst Botham's statistics may not be amazing I think there is reason to believe he'd flourish in an ATG versus situation, worth stating Botham's average rises to 40 with the bat at number 7 too.