• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Test Average Draft Voting Thread - Pick the 5 best teams

Pick the 5 best teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Below are all the teams that completed the Test Average Draft. Click the link if you would like to see more regarding the rules of the draft but this was definetly on the more restrictive end hence why some picks may seem unusual at first but were managers balancing quality and balance.

Please vote for your favourite 5 teams in the poll and feel free to leave additional comments in addition to the poll.

CricAddictFuller PilchShriLine and LengthBitmaptrundlerTeutonkingkallis
Kraigg BrathwaiteVictor Trumper Vinoo MankadMichael Atherton /Alan MelvilleWarwick Armstrong 6John WrightJimmy Cook /
Barry SinclairSimon Katich (7)Conrad HuntePeter Richardson /Andrew StraussJack Blackham+Herbie TaylorSanath Jayasuriya / o (7)
Ron HeadleyRichie RichardsonMajid KhanMarnus Labuschagne /oWG GraceNeil HarveySteve SmithFrank Worrell / o (c) (5)
Jacques KallisYounis KhanJoe RootWalter Hammond (c) /oArjun RanatungaSachin TendulkarGreg Chappell cSaurav Ganguly / o (8)
Hashmatullah ShahidiBen Stokes (6)Matt PriorColin Cowdrey /Kyle MayersMartin DonnellyBasil ButcherSteve Waugh / o (6)
Shakib Al HasanIan Botham (3)Daniel VettoriMorice Bird /oCameron GreenAllan Steel 7Frank WoolleyVinod Kambli /
Prasanna Jayawardene Ravi Ashwin (4)Lance KlusenerHarold Larwood oMohammad Rizwan+Johnny Briggs 5Litton Das wkIan Healy + /
Mike ProcterWasim Bari (wk)Alan DavidsonGil Langley (w/k)Tim SoutheeMark Wood 3Ray LindwallPat Cummins o / (3)
Imran KhanBruce Martin (6)Rashid KhanCurtly Ambrose oAnil KumbleJohn Snow 2Jason GillespieGraham McKenzie o (1)
Merv HughesDennis Lillee (1)Praveen KumarMatthew Hoggard oJoel GarnerGlenn McGrath 1Abdul QadirBill O'Reilly o (4)
Mitchell StarcAllan Donald (2)Neil WagnerDanish Kaneira o Waqar YounisMuttiah Muralidaran 4Andy RobertsWC Jeff Thomson o (2)

Patience and Accuracy+GutKryptoJOJOXIataraXIaPothasweeman27bobJarquis
Barry RichardsJohn RutherfordImran ButtGordon Greenidge /Farokh Engineer +Shahid AfridiTrevor Goddard
Brendon KuruppuGeoff BoycottEddie BarlowArthur Shrewsbury /Rahul DravidDudley NourseChamu Chibhaba
Cyril WaltersDaryll CullinanFrank HayesKane Williamson* /Garry Sobers *Brian LaraRicky Ponting
Charlie DavisBasil D'OliveiraAllan Border (c)Patsy Hendren /Mohammad YousufRoss TaylorKen Barrington
Cliff McWattMark Boucher(W/K)Clyde Walcott (wk)Collie Smith / oKeith MillerLes Ames (c)Javed Miandad
Jack GregoryChris CairnsAubrey FaulknerDenis Lindsay + /Tony GreigBrian McMillanWasim Raja
MS Dhoni+Paul ReiffelRichard Hadlee Maurice Tate o /Wasim AkramChris Read (wk)Kapil Dev
Ravindra JadejaSaqlain MushtaqWilfried Rhodes Malcolm Marshall o /Jim LakerShaun PollockWally Grout (wk)
Ray IllingworthWinston DavisShane Warne Clarrie Grimmett oFrank TysonPeter SiddleStuart Broad
Micheal HoldingTrent BoultBilly Barnes Geoff Lawson oSF BarnesRangana HerathWes Hall
Jasprit BumrahBert IronmongerDale Steyn Fred Spofforth oJames AndersonJosh HazlewoodFazal Mahmood

Team assessments - have included any extended comments drafters left along with their teams -

Line and Length - "A pair of steady if unremarkable openers are followed a trio of talented middle order batsmen, including an ATG. It may be asking a bit of Bird to be a Test all rounder but he is regarded as such in FC ranks. Larwood is no slouch at #7 with a Test knock of 98 and 3 FC centuries. Langley is a more than competent Test 'keeper, having taken over from the highly regarded Don Tallon. Initially selected in Shield cricket as a batsman, he adds depth to the batting.
Ambrose. Hoggard and Larwood make up a fine pace attack with Hammond and Bird in support. Danish Kaneira, with 261 Test victims, provides the spin with back up from Labuschagne if required."

CricAddict - "The splendid batting depth makes up for the weak top order with Procter and Imran at 8 and 9 to support Kallis and Shakib and Starc batting at 11. Hopefully Barry and Headley can invoke some of the spirit of Barry Richards and George Headley to give the team a good start.

The bowling lineup is the strength of my team. Two atgs in Imran and Procter supported by 2 atvgs Hughes and Starc and also two atg allrounders in Kallis and Shakib. Kraigg can provide some spin support too. Prasanna is a solid keeper who can support them all."

Shri - "Inspired by India. Real batting starts at #6, with two atg bats in the top/middle order order."

kingkallis - "I am pretty happy with this very experienced (More than 800 test matches) playing XI lead by a fine Caribbean. The Aussie bowling attack of Cummins, Thomson, McKenzie and O'Reilly can rattle any batting line up for sure. Worrell, Waugh, Jayasuriya & Ganguly will play the role of that 5th bowler when needed.

Cook & Jayasuriya were caught discussing how to adapt BazBall and management is in the mood to let them enjoy it. Kambli & Ganguly too are excited to take on the spinners while Worrell, Sr. Waugh & Healy will play their natural game."

JOJOXI

Definitely trickier to vote on than some other drafts given how unusual some teams have ended up looking
Highlighted by all teams but one having votes and the team that doesn't has a 3-7 of Ponting, Barrington, Miandad, Wasim Raja, Kapil Dev - by the restrictions of this draft that is very strong

Himannv

International Coach
Highlighted by all teams but one having votes and the team that doesn't has a 3-7 of Ponting, Barrington, Miandad, Wasim Raja, Kapil Dev - by the restrictions of this draft that is very strong
That's strange - that side is stronger than many of the others. I'd re-evaluate my votes if I can but it's a lot of work.

JOJOXI

That's strange - that side is stronger than many of the others. I'd re-evaluate my votes if I can but it's a lot of work.
Agreed, his side would be about midtable for me I think - 7th or 8th out of 15 sides - I guess no star fast bowlers but no duds either and the middle order will make more runs than most I think but I guess that is what makes drafting fun - the differences in opinion.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I may not be a great drafter, but I'm a good judge of teams. I was one of the first (if not the first) to vote and my 5 selections are the 5 leaders.

JOJOXI

I may not be a great drafter, but I'm a good judge of teams. I was one of the first (if not the first) to vote and my 5 selections are the 5 leaders.
Was (pleasantly surprised) at the swift response in voting from a couple drafters - had voted after setting the post - changed one of my votes and was confused for a second thinking the forum system hadn't cancelled out my other votes so was counting the 4 drafters I kept my vote with twice - but it turned out others had voted - the fact it was late on Friday night/Saturday morning maybe aided that confusion!