• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Autobiography Thread

Flem274*

123/5
When Rahul Dravid was asked if he would read the book, he said 'yes' on Cricinfo a few days back saying he would be keen to see how the mind of such a great sportsperson works. Dravid has been known to read books of some other sports 'greats', so to say.

I would be keen to see if he talked about his batting technique, routines, preparation, mindset, etc. So much publicity about the book, mostly on controversial topics has been very offputting.
yeah while the he said she said sells and provides great goss for us all, i'd love to read him just talking about batting and cricket for several chapters. like how he works and ticks etc

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
One suspects the words "forward", "defensive", and "choke" would feature heavily. Hopefully in reference to his cricket rather than his wife.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah while the he said she said sells and provides great goss for us all, i'd love to read him just talking about batting and cricket for several chapters. like how he works and ticks etc
Yeah hoping for that too, but I must admit I didn't want a whole book of Sachin just talking about how important his coach and brother were to his career. This has been discussed at length throughout his career in interviews and articles.

Would love to know his thoughts heading into key matches and particularly the '03 and '11 World Cup finals. After 21 years in the game at the highest level he'll have some great insight I am sure.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah hoping for that too, but I must admit I didn't want a whole book of Sachin just talking about how important his coach and brother were to his career. This has been discussed at length throughout his career in interviews and articles.

Would love to know his thoughts heading into key matches and particularly the '03 and '11 World Cup finals. After 21 years in the game at the highest level he'll have some great insight I am sure.
They'd probably be along the line of "This is great, the stupid bastards keep picking me despite the fact that I am well past it. What a bunch of mugs. And don't get me started on the idiot fans. What a bunch of ****ing morons they are."

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why'd you bold 2011? He was the best batsman at the tournament. If you're going to troll do it properly ffs. Your previous post was better.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Speaking of 2011 World Cup, what a great tournament that was. Yuvraj and Sachin dominating, England losing to Bangladesh and Ireland like a bunch of mugs, South Africa choking in a knock-out match as always... brilliant.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Speaking of 2011 World Cup, what a great tournament that was. Yuvraj and Sachin dominating, England losing to Bangladesh and Ireland like a bunch of mugs, South Africa choking in a knock-out match as always... brilliant.
Highlights of the tournament were Strauss playing the best innings of the cup and England beating Saffa

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The best innings of the cup was played by someone from an associate nation who humiliated your lot

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Engaldn were my favourite team of the tournament, though. Every match they played was crazy in some way. :laugh:
In all honesty this is true. England made that 2011 World Cup awesome. Their games vs. India, Ireland, Bangladesh, South Africa and West Indies were all absolutely brilliant.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perhaps it's not wise to be opening up this can of worms here again, but so be it. I was at a friend's place last night, and somehow we began watching the Tehelka match fixing tapes from back in the day.

One of the reasons people like me, and in general most of India, love Sachin Tendulkar and believe in his honesty so much is because of what happened in the dark phase of Indian cricket in the 90s.

The Indian cricket team was one of the mainstays of match fixing, with Azhar being the kingpin. All the top people agreed that everyone was up for sale, apart from Sachin... There was absolutely no way to tell which match was fixed and which not. Officials were simply questioning the idea of cricket, and most wondered how someone like Sachin was going to survive in this setup.

There were times when Sachin would get to hear from someone that tomorrow's match was fixed and India was going to lose, and so and so batsmen were going to throw their wickets away. And he would say to that official that I am going to win the match. And he did sometimes...

It has become so much better today, that people don't realize it. The one thing of which I am sure is that today the situation is much, much better.

Back then, Sachin was the only certainty, he was the only man everyone trusted. I know it sounds like I am making too much of a deal, but for a cricket crazy people like me, that was a huge thing. Until he was there, there was hope, not for India winning, but for India not completely succumbing to the monster that was match fixing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It has become so much better today, that people don't realize it. The one thing of which I am sure is that today the situation is much, much better.
I am not that sure. The IPL fixing controversies leave me with a lot of sour taste.

Back then, Sachin was the only certainty, he was the only man everyone trusted. I know it sounds like I am making too much of a deal, but for a cricket crazy people like me, that was a huge thing. Until he was there, there was hope, not for India winning, but for India not completely succumbing to the monster that was match fixing.
Sachin does talk about how they thought people would not believe in the games. Kumble also spoke on this topic and how the credibility of even the honest cricketers became a question mark in the eyes of the public.

The biggest achievement of the golden boys was that they brought credibility back into the sport. Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, Kumble, Laxman, Srinath made Indian cricket in every which way. The Eden test was the most important test for India in more ways than one. What a series that was. Bashed in the first test, coming back in the second and then winning the third too.