• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T2M2 Draft

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah that was the trade-off, I reckon at least half a dozen others would have taken richards if you didnt. I certainly would have
That may be so, and I'll continue playing without a fuss. My only point is that the order being different from every other draft was only mentioned in the OP and not highlighted with a special note. It means that for me (and I assume half the other players), the first draft pick was made with only half the knowledge. I guarantee I would have picked differently had I known.

aussie tragic

International Captain
No its a terrible pick because now I'm statistically going to be in the bottom half of the draft order for a long time. I wouldn't have picked him if I'd known.
And you were bragging about how great a pick Barry Richards was and you couldn't believe how he was still available at 3rd pick of the draft lol

stephen

i thought i was exaggerating but checked and it was mentioned in posts 1, 29, 67, 87, 90 and 100
Post 29 I thought was about making sure players only had one person from each band. 67 was both after I made my choice and in the middle of a discussion on player counts.

It's ok, I'm not upset, just pointing out that for such an important, game impacting rule the only mentions before people started picking was one line in the OP and a vague reference later on.

Edit: going through the other posts you mention, they make more sense now but only post 100 didn't really make sense when I read it initially. All of the others I thought the "match tally" factor was referring to the banding that the draft was about.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are still lots and lots of gun players in the 100+ test bracket while the other groups (esp 1-9) have far fewer.

stephen

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are still lots and lots of gun players in the 100+ test bracket while the other groups (esp 1-9) have far fewer.
The 100+ test bracket has by far the biggest number of ATG players. The availability of other brackets don't correlate to number of tests.

Going back to my pick, I'd have taken Ambrose. To me he had both great positional qualities, is an immense player and is from a fairly restricted band in terms of players.

But what's done is done. I'm mostly making a bit of a deal about this for future drafts and to ensure everyone else knows about the rule.

Edit: thinking about it a bit more I'd have made the draft order based entirely on the most recent player picked. As it is the order will not move greatly. Tendulkar basically counts as Bradman for the sake of turn order. There's no reason Mr_mr ever has to drop to second place if he doesn't want to.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Yeah, I thought a lot about picking Richards but went with Sobers in the end just because of the pick rule.

stephen

Yeah, I thought a lot about picking Richards but went with Sobers in the end just because of the pick rule.
Having to take a rubbish keeper round XI from that band won't hurt you too much IMO. Drafts are rarely won or lost on the 11th pick. Usually it's decided by the first few choices if we're being honest.

mr_mister

The 100+ test bracket has by far the biggest number of ATG players. The availability of other brackets don't correlate to number of tests.

Going back to my pick, I'd have taken Ambrose. To me he had both great positional qualities, is an immense player and is from a fairly restricted band in terms of players.

But what's done is done. I'm mostly making a bit of a deal about this for future drafts and to ensure everyone else knows about the rule.

Edit: thinking about it a bit more I'd have made the draft order based entirely on the most recent player picked. As it is the order will not move greatly. Tendulkar basically counts as Bradman for the sake of turn order. There's no reason Mr_mr ever has to drop to second place if he doesn't want to.
You wouldn't think i had the 18th pick the way you're making it seem like i have some unfair advantage

Himannv

International Coach

I didn't notice it either. I just picked Imran because I wanted to and didn't strategize at all.