• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T2M2 Draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah it seems Barry Richards is rated leagues ahead of him as an opener despite only a slighter higher FC average and a similar rate of tons

I guess actually doing something in his handful of tests makes the big difference. Though poor Cook was 40. Maybe if he never played at all he'd be rated higher

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah it seems Barry Richards is rated leagues ahead of him as an opener despite only a slighter higher FC average and a similar rate of tons

I guess actually doing something in his handful of tests makes the big difference. Though poor Cook was 40. Maybe if he never played at all he'd be rated higher.
I won't pretend he was Richards good, but he was an excellent world class opener. And that can be seen in his county stints if nothing else.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh for sure, Richards seems to be rated higher on here than many other openers who had full ATVG test careers(like Greenidge and Haynes)

But the difference between Cook and Richards, at least going by the stats, has to be far less than it is reputation wise(or CW wise)

ataraxia

International Coach
Mushtaq Mohammad (57) remains surprisingly unpicked.

3) RT Ponting* /
4) Ranjitsinhji / o
5) MP Donnelly /
6) Mushtaq Mohammad / o
7) RJ Hadlee o /
8) RW Marsh + /
9) AME Roberts o
10) FS Trueman o

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Charles Turner (17) will be my next selection please

Charter 77 so Far