• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20I Auction Draft (Stipulation Based)

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I nearly forgot this
"12 players (At the end of the draft you will list a final squad of 11 players from these 12 players.)"
Fortunately I checked and didn't blow my final budget.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Just a heads up likely to be another couple hours at least - have just noticed one of bids sent through was ineligible so have notified them and waiting on one other person to send through their bids.

JOJOXI

@Michaelf7777777 - you failed to gain a player so you have the option of one of these 2 penalty picks - Rob Nicol for 78 or Xavier Marshall for 75

MorganVettoriSoutheeSantnerDananjayaKohliRahulOramR TaylorT PereraWilliamsonWarnerGuptillJordanAjmalRashidThakurKuggeleijn
Michaelf77777777 (1)77 (2)17 (3)
CricAddict30 (1)30 (2)60 (3)
Red_Ink_Squid18 (2)18 (1)18 (3)
Himannv63 (1)63 (2)38 (3)
Teuton89 (1)20 (3)88 (2)
kingkallis65 (1)45 (2)25 (3)
Line and Length91 (1)71 (2)71 (3)
honestbharani50 (1)75 (2)30 (3)

DrafterSquadBudget Remaining
Line and LengthBerrington, Markram, Nabi, Dilshan, de Kock, A Mendis, Hazratullah, Steyn, Lewis, M Morkel, Vettori56
HimannvButtler, Archer, Yuvraj, Jayawardene, K Perera, Gul, Razzak, Cummins, Symonds, Samuels, Kohli1
honestbharaniGayle, S Curran, S Williams, Sehwag, Dhoni, B Kumar, Shinwari, Jadeja, Livingstone, F Edwards, Southee80
CricAddictRaina, Conway, Afridi, Tendulkar, K Akmal, Mustafizur, Mushfiqur, Bumrah, Neesham, Van der Wath, Santner88
Michaelf7777777Watson, Hasaranga, DJ Bravo, McGrath, Sarfaraz, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mathews, Munro, A Morkel, Nicol or Marshall2 or 5
Red_Ink_SquidRizwan, Mitchell, Moeen, Jayasuria, Seifert, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb, Amir, H Pandya, Pollock, Rahul18
TeutonMcCullum, Rauf, Russell, Malinga, Sangakkara, Tahir, Najibullah, Swann, Finch, G Smith, Morgan1
kingkallisMaxwell, Nortje, Pollard, Ferguson, de Villiers, Imad Wasim, Hamid Hassan, Pieter Seelaar, Bosman, Gibbs, Warner24

JOJOXI

Apologies for the delay - Round 12 Stipulation - Choose a player who was at least 1 T20I cap and was sold in the 2018 IPL auction for more than 6 crore (600 lakh) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2018_Indian_Premier_League_personnel_changes

EDIT -
Also had meant to say along with the stipulation unlike prior rounds if you fail to get a player in this round you will be getting a player that doesn't qualify for the stipulation. This is just to ensure someone doesn't get a player of the quality of Ishan Kishan as a random example when others in this draft have got much weaker players.

Last edited:

JOJOXI

Also had meant to say along with the stipulation unlike prior rounds if you fail to get a player in this round you will be getting a player that doesn't qualify for the stipulation. This is just to ensure someone doesn't get a player of the quality of Ishan Kishan as a random example when others in this draft have got much weaker players.

I will edit my 2nd to last post and also PM those who have made bids already.

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

David Warner /
Herschelle Gibbs /
Glenn Maxwell / o (5,7,12,14)
AB de Villiers / +
Keiron Pollard / o
Pieter Seelaar / o (10,...)
Imad Wasim / o (1,3,13,15)
Hamid Hassan o / (9,11,16...)
Anrich Nortje o (2,4,17,19)
Lockie Ferguson o (6,8,18,20)

Loots Bosman /

That looks like a PROPER T20 side.

Last edited:

JOJOXI

@Himannv - You failed to gain a player in the final round - you can pick either Logan Van Beek or Fazal Niazai although I presume neither will be in your final XI anyway

StokesKarthikKishanWoakesStoinisStarcAshwinPandeyJadhavTyeLynn
Red_Ink_Squid6 (1)6 (2)6 (3)
Himannv1 (1)1 (2)1 (3)
honestbharani80 (2)80 (1)80 (3)
Teuton1 (1)1 (2)1 (3)
Michaelf77777772 (2)2 (1)2 (3)
Line and Length56 (1)56 (2)56 (3)
CricAddict88 (1)88 (2)88 (3)
kingkallis24 (3)24 (2)24 (1)

DrafterSquadBudget Remaining
Line and LengthBerrington, Markram, Nabi, Dilshan, de Kock, A Mendis, Hazratullah, Steyn, Lewis, M Morkel, Vettori, Woakes
HimannvButtler, Archer, Yuvraj, Jayawardene, K Perera, Gul, Razzak, Cummins, Symonds, Samuels, Kohli, F Niazai
honestbharaniGayle, S Curran, S Williams, Sehwag, Dhoni, B Kumar, Shinwari, Jadeja, Livingstone, F Edwards, Southee, Starc
CricAddictRaina, Conway, Afridi, Tendulkar, K Akmal, Mustafizur, Mushfiqur, Bumrah, Neesham, Van der Wath, Santner, Stokes
Michaelf7777777Watson, Hasaranga, DJ Bravo, McGrath, Sarfaraz, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Mathews, Munro, A Morkel, Nicol, Stoinis
Red_Ink_SquidRizwan, Mitchell, Moeen, Jayasuria, Seifert, Rashid Khan, Mujeeb, Amir, H Pandya, Pollock, Rahul, D Karthik
TeutonMcCullum, Rauf, Russell, Malinga, Sangakkara, Tahir, Najibullah, Swann, Finch, G Smith, Morgan, Pandey
kingkallisMaxwell, Nortje, Pollard, Ferguson, de Villiers, Imad Wasim, Hamid Hassan, Pieter Seelaar, Bosman, Gibbs, Warner, Ashwin

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Aaron Finch
Graeme Smith
Brendan McCullum
Kumar Sangakkara (wk)
Eoin Morgan (c)
Manish Pandey
Andre Russell
Graeme Swann
Haris Rauf
Lasith Malinga
Imran Tahir
Najibullah Zadran (12th man)

Had 4 quality options for captain too.
Nice balance of big innings, hitters in the middle order, multiple spin & pace options, which is what is needed for T20s

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
My XI is flexible. Hazratullah would come in for Berrington, depending on conditions.

E. Lewis /
T.Dilshan /
Q. de Kock / wk
A.Markram /o
R.Berrington /o
Mohammad Nabi /o
C.Woakes /o
D.Vettori (c) /o
M.Morkel o
D.Steyn o
Ajantha Mendis o
12th man Hazratullah Zazai

Himannv

International Coach
01. Jos Buttler+ /
02. Kusal Perera /
03. Virat Kohli /
04. Mahela Jayawardene* /
05. Yuvraj Singh /o
06. Andrew Symonds /o
07. Marlon Samuels /o
08. Pat Cummins o
09. Abdur Razzaq o
10. Jofra Archer o
11. Umar Gul o

12. Fazal Niazai

Wanted to open with Mahela tbh but ended up having him at 4. Like other teams, my XI will probably be flexible and the likes of Symonds, Yuvraj, and Samuels might be sent in to bat earlier than listed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Chris Gayle /o
Virender Sehwag /o
Liam Livingstone /o
Sean Williams /o
MS Dhoni (c) (wk) /o
Ravi Jadeja /o
Sam Curran /o
Tim Southee /o
Mitch Starc /o
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar /o
Fidel Edwards o

12th Man: Samiullah Shinwari /o

Shinwari to replace Fidel Edwards on turning tracks. Quite a wonderfully balanced side with batsmen till 7 and hitters till 10 or even 11 as Fidel can hit a long ball himself and Shinwari is usually played as a proper allrounder. Extra bowling options galore, literally everyone but MSD can bowl and exactly the type of side MSD will lead to championships.

ataraxia

International Coach
Chris Gayle /o
Virender Sehwag /o
Liam Livingstone /o
Sean Williams /o
MS Dhoni (c) (wk) /
Ravi Jadeja /o
Sam Curran /o
Tim Southee /o
Mitch Starc /o
Bhuvaneshwar Kumar /o
Fidel Edwards o

12th Man: Samiullah Shinwari /o
:laugh:

Southee should be at #10 though. Otherwise this is perfect for you hb.

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

David Warner / (c)
Herschelle Gibbs /
Glenn Maxwell / o (5,7,12,...)
AB de Villiers / +
Loots Bosman /
Keiron Pollard / o (14,...)
Imad Wasim o / (1,3,...)
Ravi Ashwin o / (9,11,13,15)
Hamid Hassan o / (10,16,...)
Lockie Ferguson o (6,8,17,19)
Anrich Nortje o (2,4,18,20)

12th man: Pieter Seelaar o /

- I am please to have that TOP order of Warner, Gibbs, Maxwell, AB de Villiers & Pollard. Bosman's job will be to smash 25 from 10 balls while the legends take their time in settling down.
- Maxwell, de Villiers & Pollard can be very destructive and can score quickly in the middle order.
- AB de Villiers will keep the wicket.
- We will start with a spinner and will use Imad and Maxi in the power play. They both are pretty successful in that role and I am expecting great success by using the same tactics. Ashwin is pretty experienced in the middle overs and he will control the run flow in the middle overs.
- Nortje and Lockie will bowl 2-3 overs in the powerplay as well but their main job will be to control the run flow and take wickets of well set middle order from 17th till 20th.
- Hassan, Pollard will play the role of 6th bowler and will bowl 2-3 overs if necessary.

Last edited: