• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20I Auction Draft (Stipulation Based)

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
This is a T20I version of the Test draft that anil1405 ran here.

Every round I will give you a stipulation to pick a player.

You need to send me bids for three players in your order of priority. For example if I ask you to pick a player with at least one T20I cap for England and you send me following bids

Priority A. Ben Stokes - $250
Priority B. Jos Buttler - $300
Priority C. Joe Root - $100

If you are the highest bidder for both Stokes and Buttler, you will get Stokes for that round because he is higher in your priority order.

Players you send me should fit the criteria for that round and if none of your 3 bids for that round happen to be successful bids then I will ask you to choose a penalty player who isn't going to be worth the value for the price I am going to set for him.

If you are unsuccessful with your 3 bids, you will choose between 2 penalty players - Player A's price will be set at the average bid for 1st priority players by every other drafter during that round+$20. So if your bids are unsuccessful and the average 1st priority bid by everyone else is $80 then one of the 2 players you will be offered will be Player A at $100. - $80 (average first priority bid) + $20.

This will also be the case for the 2nd penalty player I offer unsuccessful bidders - however instead Player B's price will be set at the average bid for the 2nd priority players. So if the average 2nd priority bid by everyone else is $50 then the 2nd of the 2 players you will be offered will be Player B at $70. - $50 (average second priority bid) + $20.

In short you'd do well to ensure one of your 3 bids each round is successful.

Other Info

- $1000 Budget
- 12 Rounds
- 12 players (At the end of the draft you will list a final squad of 11 players from these 12 players.)
- Send bids privately
- Bids will be made public after each round
- Every T20I player who fits the stipulation for that round is eligible.
- 24 hour timeline per round - this won't be applied to the minute but you risk taking a penalty player if you are substantially over the time limit.

If there are any questions feel free to ask. Looking for around 8-10 drafters although if there is more interest that number can be extended upwards.

JOJOXI

Giving it a couple more days for hopefully a few more entries - an update from OP will give 36 hours for the first round before reverting to 24 hours thereafter.

JOJOXI

Entrants List

RIS
Himannv
honestbharani
Teuton
Michaelf7777777
Line and Length
CricAddict
kingkallis

JOJOXI

Round 1 Stipulation : Choose a player who has hit a T20I century.

Players must fit the stipulation at the time of me posting the stipulation. So if Moeen Ali hits a century tomorrow he wouldn't be eligible for the below stipulation having not hit a T20I century at the time of writing

PM your 3 bids to me within the next 36 hours.

JOJOXI

@Line and Length - you failed to gain a player so you have the option of one of these 2 penalty picks - Tamim Iqbal for 137 or Richie Berrington for 98

ButtlerWatsonMcCullumMaxwellGayleRohitRainaRizwanMunrodu PlessisMiller
Line and Length95 (1)65 (2)55 (3)
Himannv173 (1)131 (2)141 (3)
honestbharani81 (2)91 (1)41 (3)
CricAddict200 (3)1 (1)1 (2)
Michaelf7777777147 (1)77 (3)97 (2)
Red_Ink_Squid108 (1)26 (2)93 (3)
Teuton126 (2)133 (1)125 (3)
kingkallis167 (1)87 (2)71 (3)

JOJOXI

Round 2 Stipulation: Choose a Player who made their T20I debut since 1 January 2019 and has played at least 10 T20I matches at the time of writing.

JOJOXI

DrafterSquadBudget Remaining
Line and LengthBerrington902
HimannvButtler827
honestbharaniGayle909
CricAddictRaina999
Michaelf7777777Watson923
Red_Ink_SquidRizwan892
TeutonMcCullum874
kingkallisMaxwell833

Last edited:

JOJOXI

I'll reluctantly take Berrington. The penalty picks are way over priced IMO.
The cost is average of the other 1st Priority Bids plus $20 for Option 1 and same but for 2nd priority bids for Option 2 - CricAddict's low bids stopped it being 157 and 91 respectively.

Berrington pick noted.