• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Symonds sent home

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Unless there is something more to it than going out and getting pissed, so what?

He missed a meeting the day before a game, big deal!

I can just imagine what these rocket scientist were discussing

"Bowlers, get it in the right areas, blah, blah, blah"

Anyone in Darwin on a Thursday night with a game a couple of days away should be on the booze

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Australia post 250 odd vs Bangladesh and Symonds is out for disciplinary reasons. Deja vu, man.

Though I doubt Bangladesh will win this match.

pasag

RTDAS
As I asked in the match thread, the official story makes no sense, he missed a training session he was entitled to miss and is then punished for missing a meeting he'd never heard about? Either there's more to it, or CA have lost the plot.

duffer

As I asked in the match thread, the official story makes no sense, he missed a training session he was entitled to miss and is then punished for missing a meeting he'd never heard about? Either there's more to it, or CA have lost the plot.
Way to krill the sequence mate.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe it's common practice to call a team meeting the day before a match and you ought to check before you go fishing?

Anyway... there doesn't seem to be anything official said yet, it's just reports from journalists.

pasag

RTDAS
Maybe it's common practice to call a team meeting the day before a match and you ought to check before you go fishing?

Anyway... there doesn't seem to be anything official said yet, it's just reports from journalists.
Right, even so, that's hardly a reason to send a player home.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Right, even so, that's hardly a reason to send a player home.
I thought he was on his last last last chance anyway after previous misdemeanours.

And anyway, there's rumours he's been drinking too. And there were similar ones in the W Indies.

Mister Wright

After reading the Foxsports story it seems a bit harsh to send a player home from missing a team meeting and an optional training session. Perhaps sitting out the first match, but all three?...Ridiculous if you ask me.

brockley

International Captain
Apparently it was the players that stood him down.
And their are worries about symmonds lack of discipline going into the tour of india,and thats coming from the players.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
After reading the Foxsports story it seems a bit harsh to send a player home from missing a team meeting and an optional training session. Perhaps sitting out the first match, but all three?...Ridiculous if you ask me.
There may be more to the story than is being let on.

However, I dont mind the decision. Failing to attend teammeetings is the ultimate lack of respect for your teammates.

They all attend and gift each other the same courtesies and one guy (with a terrible record) decides he can do what he wants and can do seperate to what his teammates are required to do.

I may seem a hardass, but Id have voted to send him home if I was either a coach or a player.

Dont need attitude like that in the dressingroom of the best team in the World. Lack of professionalism is part of what brought WI cricket down.