• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Still a loss in Sydney, doesn't matter where you play ;). The most annoying thing is how the commentators and even those writing the match report stressed it was the first game at ANZ stadium when the Waratahs have played there before and got trashed 51-10 in a semi final iirc. Sure the stadium wasn't named ANZ back then was I think Telstra but even so was still the same ground.

As for the Tah's playing badly, I think it was more then that, I honestly think the Crusaders outplayed the Waratahs.
Yes it is still a loss in Sydney but the grounds are quite different in terms of atmosphere and it is not their home ground.

If the Crusaders had outplayed the Tahs they would have put on 40 points. The Tah's definately lost that match rather than the Crusaders winning it.

cometer

State Regular
Yes it is still a loss in Sydney but the grounds are quite different in terms of atmosphere and it is not their home ground.

If the Crusaders had outplayed the Tahs they would have put on 40 points. The Tah's definately lost that match rather than the Crusaders winning it.
They lost to the Crusaders at the SFS the last time they hosted at their usual home ground anyway if my memory serves me correctly.

Considering the amount of players the Crusaders had unavailable or no longer playing from last season, it was quite an inexperienced side and not as likely to put 40pts on the board as in previous seasons, especially away from home against a NSW side that rarely concedes 40pts even when they're not playing well. In saying that the Waratahs attack has been pretty appalling this season (not that I care too much as I don't like them anyway).

ripper868

International Coach
Fixtures for this weekend:

Blues v Waratahs
Higlanders v Bulls
Crusaders v Stormers
Reds v Cheifs
Sharks v Brumbies
Lions v Hurricanes

Cheetahs face off with the Force in the battle of the Pub Run.

ripper868

International Coach
Blues v Waratahs
Higlanders v Bulls
Crusaders v Stormers
Reds v Cheifs
Sharks v Brumbies
Lions v Hurricanes

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry forgot about posting this week's fixtures, thanks for doing those Ripper.

Blues
Bulls
Crusaders
Chiefs
Sharks
Hurricanes

I'll try and find time to add up the points from last week soon.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't hurry with the table, Somers. Having a ****in' mare this year with me tips so prefer the blissful ignorance.

Blues
Bulls
Crusaders
Reds
Sharks
Hurricanes

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blues v Waratahs
Higlanders v Bulls
Crusaders v Stormers
Reds v Cheifs
Sharks v Brumbies
Lions v Hurricanes

cometer

State Regular
Blues v Waratahs
Higlanders v Bulls
Crusaders v Stormers
Reds v Chiefs
Sharks v Brumbies
Lions v Hurricanes

Could hurt me but the Brumbies knocked off the Sharks 2 years ago when the Sharks hadn't lost a home game all year to that point.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Reds being absolutely mullered here. 19-0 to the Chiefs after 17 mins.

Glad I tipped the QLD boys. :ph34r:

Hey, wait; try for Hardman: 19-5 kick to come.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Farce of a disallowed try for Sivivatu last night in the Reds vs. Chiefs game. Touch judge said knock on without even going to the replay! Unbelievable.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, by the way, I didn't pick my lads (Highlanders) this week, but what a win! In your face, Pretoria-based bull-bummers.