• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

ripper868

International Coach
Blues vs Lions
Force vs Hurricanes
Highlanders vs Reds
Brumbies vs Stormers
Waratahs vs Bulls
Cheetahs vs Sharks

cometer

State Regular
Blues vs Lions
Force vs Hurricanes
Highlanders vs Reds
Brumbies vs Stormers
Waratahs vs Bulls
Cheetahs vs Sharks

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Massive last few minutes in Perth...i
Some comeback. I went to dinner with the Canes still miles behind with 15 to play. The Force deserved that though, they stopped playing in the second half (Giteau went MIA) and hardly got out their half.

Dodgy passing aside, Nonu was fantastic and the Canes could be looking at a home semi now.

cometer

State Regular
Home semi is an optimistic call, considering the Hurricanes have lost 2 home matches already.

At this stage I would suspect the home semi finals to go to the Sharks and Waratahs, or failing them the Chiefs. The Hurricanes still have a few tough home matches to play against other desperate sides for the top 4 including the Blues and Brumbies whilst also having to play the Chiefs and Reds away.

Sure they've got a chance but I don't think it's going to be enough for them to get a home semi. Top 4 they've got a great chance though but top 2 is probably asking a bit too much imo.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Emotional scenes at the Brumbies game, few of the boys broke down during the minute silence. As for the rugby, the first half was dire.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Another game the Stormers don’t lose by much but once again they never looked like they were ever going to win.

Even before the rain this game was an error ridden mess, the rain just made it a shambles. Stormers are complete ****e.

Hopefully the Tahs Bulls game is a better watch.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Another game the Stormers don’t lose by much but once again they never looked like they were ever going to win.

Even before the rain this game was an error ridden mess, the rain just made it a shambles. Stormers are complete ****e.

Hopefully the Tahs Bulls game is a better watch.
It wasn't.

Anyhow, the Cheetahs have just put in the shock of the Super 14 season by smashing the Sharks. :huh:

cometer

State Regular
Say what. I can only recall the Brumbies making a single handling error in a good 10-12minutes, and the rain came 15min into the 1st half and the mistakes skyrocketed from there on. Might not have been pelting down until around the 30th min but once the ball gets greasy the game always turns to shambles.

Maybe I'm seeing things though ;).

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Week Nine Results (out of 6):
TT Boy 5
Boy Brumby 4
Cometer 4
Somerset 4
Ripper868 3
Samuel_Vimes 3
Simon 3