• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sunil Narine's action reported (not to the ICC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now having done a little research..i may have my facts wrong but it appears a former or current president of the BCCI's SON IN LAW is connected with the Super Kings?!! :-O

HERE is an article about the president and his son in law!!...i'll let others make their own judgement.
Whoa, whoa, hold the phone, WUT?!!! This changes everything

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I've been called many horrible things in my life, but this is a new low. I request you to please take that back.
Pardon me!!..your location says chennai so i put 2 and 2 together...anyway what do you make of that post above? is it suspicious or just a coincidence that a CSK official happens to be connected to a BCCI president? Clive Lloyd has already confirmed he was tipped off about Narine getting called..so something doesn't smell right here imo.

As we saw yesterday...take away Narine and CSK were on easy street.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
CSK fixing the IPL and Champions League to ensure they keep winning....honestly that conspiracy theory is atleast 4 years old by now. Not so much a conspiracy theory as it is fact tho.

Given Hafeez and a handful of other bowlers were called before Narine, instead of claiming conspiracy, KKR fans should be thankful that Srini allowed them to get as far as they did. Altho then again, might have just been to ensure the all-Indian final.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
You're a csk fan i guess? why did you keep this little gem a secret? :D
Pardon me!!..your location says chennai so i put 2 and 2 together
You really don't understand "play the post, not the nationality/location of the poster", do you?

Why do you care about Narine anyway? You don't even have a connection to the West Indies according to your location! You must be a Brazil cricket team fan. How are they going at the moment?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
You really don't understand "play the post, not the nationality/location of the poster", do you?

Why do you care about Narine anyway? You don't even have a connection to the West Indies according to your location! You must be a Brazil cricket team fan. How are they going at the moment?
Oh come on Dan!!..that was a lighthearted joke, nothing to do with "nationality", if someone had london on their location i'd think they were an Arsenal, Chelsea, West ham etc fan. Mine is merely about my favorite national football team..not where i live :D .

Again i apologise to OverratedSanity if any offence was taken but honestly i meant no harm.

cnerd123

likes this
We don't mean you any harm when we tell you that Narine is an overrated hack who won't make it at Test cricket either.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
As much as I reckon Narine is a chucker the treatment he's received from the BCCI in the CLT20 tournament is a complete joke.
AWTA

I've already said I think Sunil chucks his quicker ball but nothing else and I hope he gets tested ASAP to prove that. The reporting of every delivery in the second game with no discernable change in action and the whole suspension from bowling process sucks and smacks of corruption IMHO.

Sir Clive Lloyd received a tip off from someone within the BCCI that Narine would be called again in the ODI. So as a result they have taken the very sensible decision to pull him out of the tour and get his action tested. The mere fact that this tip off occured shows undue influence and that they are targetting specific bowlers before matches. As Sir Clive said, this is unacceptable and needs investigating by the ICC.

Corruption like this is a blight on our game and I would say the same thing if it were a bowler from any other team.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
no, it's not corruption, it's transparency. They have to call him so that he can be tested. They're really doing the West Indies a favour by making sure the process happens before the world cup.

Beamer

no, it's not corruption, it's transparency. They have to call him so that he can be tested. They're really doing the West Indies a favour by making sure the process happens before the world cup.
You clearly have a slightly different interpretation of the word transparency than me. I have no problem with him being tested, but targeting of bowlers before a series has even started is just not on. The whole thing stinks and the BCCI should not be able to treat bowlers from countries outside of their jurisdiction like that.

But I guess this is one of the things we're going to have to put up with now we've gotten into bed with them. The WICB can hardly kick up a fuss about process, it's not in their financial interest to do so.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It's not the BCCI though, it's the umpires. They've decided Narine has questions to answer in regards to his action so they've decided to target him. I really don't see what's wrong with that.

Beamer

It's not the BCCI though, it's the umpires. They've decided Narine has questions to answer in regards to his action so they've decided to target him. I really don't see what's wrong with that.
It's not umpires calling him that I have a problem with though. It's a BCCI official being able to tell our chairman of selectors that Narine will be targeted in the ODI series if they pick him, so much so that they've decided not to play him at all. Such an honourable guy as Sir Clive Lloyd is furious about this very fact and has pointed out exactly what I'm saying. It seems certain bowlers are being targeted by administrators as well as umpires.

Also, many West Indians (including me) are very cynical about Ashwin being rested for this series. It is more than a little fishy given the crackdown on actions. However you look at it, this could have been handled an awful lot better and is certainly not a transparent process.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Also, many West Indians (including me) are very cynical about Ashwin being rested for this series. It is more than a little fishy given the crackdown on actions.
Narine has also been rested from the series though, and we don't even need to be cynical about that -- it's been made patently clear why.

Narine hasn't actually been reported in the sense we're used to; the BCCI CL report doesn't mean **** in a broader context. I think it's pretty obvious to all and sundry that Narine is going to be reported the next time he plays international cricket, but the silliness of the whole BCCI reporting issue means that if he just doesn't play any international cricket before the World Cup, he can rock up then without being tested at all, get reported then but play the whole tournament before he needs to be tested.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Narine has also been rested from the series though, and we don't even need to be cynical about that -- it's been made patently clear why.

Narine hasn't actually been reported in the sense we're used to; the BCCI CL report doesn't mean **** in a broader context. I think it's pretty obvious to all and sundry that Narine is going to be reported the next time he plays international cricket, but the silliness of the whole BCCI reporting issue means that if he just doesn't play any international cricket before the World Cup, he can rock up then without being tested at all, get reported then but play the whole tournament before he needs to be tested.
Which is why one could be very cynical about Lloyd's decision.

Of course, he might just not want his bowler to suffer the public humiliation of having his action scrutinised. But in the interests of the game, Narine simply has to be tested properly before the world cup. And the sooner that happens, the better. Lloyd should have just sent him for testing rather than send him home.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yes. The only rule is that they have to be tested within 21 days. It generally takes another week or so for the results of the testing to come back, so a player could very feasibly chuck in the world cup and get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.