• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

ataraxia

International Coach
:o

Adds to BD Nat contention list
My BD pulls during BD YP competition were terrible. My BD pulls when I don't get free membership are now amazing. Also, I've kept 7 of my last 12 pulls across both teams.

Seriously considering going all in on spin on both accounts, especially considering Rehman will be able to bowl almost exclusively in the first 20 and the last 15, which otherwise can be tough spots for spin.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Inter-CW mainly, mixed with a bit of SOD world rankings.

The current rankings, prior to today's round:

Dynamo Morpork 2171 (=) in
***** CC 2143 (+1) in
ataraXIa 2090 (+1) in
Free HK 2075 (-2) in
Dynamo Schmaltzberg 2033 (=) in
Jura CC 2002 (=) in
Winton 1940 (+3) in
Ashgrove Astronauts 1935 (-1) in
GG CC 1931 (=) in
Moooo 1907 (-2) in
The Merry Orangutans 1900 (+1) in
Honest Hunks 1874 (-1) in
The Buy-Ins 1790 (=) in
atarax Wellington UNR in
I know I've got an affiliate team that would take this up to 15 any other sides that are in since this post?

JOJOXI

Cricket Web Stumped! Championship Four - 50-over edition

As the league stage for CWC3 is about to finish in two weeks, it's time to start signups for the next championship, this time in the most prestigious format, 50 over senior OD. @cnerd123 has decided to step down as manager of the competition, so I'm stepping in. The crowds are curious to see what the senior stars (looking at you Raun Shkorer) can show on the CW Championship stage.

The large league stage has been fun but I would prefer to rather not stretch it out over much more than one Stumped season. If we get more than 10 teams (18 league matches), I would suggest a seeded group stage followed by two divisions - teams in the lower divisions can still qualify for the play-offs, but will have fewer spots in the play-off round.

For example, 12 teams would be divided into three groups of 4 teams each. The top two teams in each group, a total of six, would qualify for the First Division, which would have four spots in the play-offs; the remaining six teams would play off for two spots. The two top First Division Teams would get a bye to the semi-final. The second stage divisions would be no larger than 8 teams each.

A reminder of the previous champions

Season 1 (50 overs): ***** CC (10-0 in league stage) beat Winton CC
Season 2 (20 overs): ***** CC (12-2 in league stage) beat Dynamo Morpork by five wickets
Season 3 (40 over U21): tbd

Signups are here or by PM to me in stumped. I'll announce the draw and mail out the links to the groups and leagues as required.
Presuming if we could get 16 that would mean 4 groups of 4 followed by 2 divisions of 8?

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Sorry everyone to be an old duffer - but I did throw my hat in the ring for both teams? In the words of Boris Johnson ...forgive me, uh, aah hmm , forgive me ..... if I already did , Pepper Pig ?

JOJOXI

Inter-CW mainly, mixed with a bit of SOD world rankings.

The current rankings, prior to today's round:

Dynamo Morpork 2171 (=) in
***** CC 2143 (+1) in
ataraXIa 2090 (+1) in
Free HK 2075 (-2) in
Dynamo Schmaltzberg 2033 (=) in
Jura CC 2002 (=) in
Winton 1940 (+3) in
Ashgrove Astronauts 1935 (-1) in
GG CC 1931 (=) in
Moooo 1907 (-2) in
The Merry Orangutans 1900 (+1) in
Honest Hunks 1874 (-1) in
The Buy-Ins 1790 (=) in
atarax Wellington UNR in
Out of interest how do I find these rankings?

JOJOXI

Out of interest how do I find these rankings?
Ah looking back it seems like something Magrat Garlick has done outside of the game. I wasn't sure if there was a way in Stumped that I was missing to create custom rankings based on results between certain teams etc.

cnerd123

likes this
Sat 27th Nov
CWC3 Play-Offs

09:00 - Plate Play Off 2 - Dynamo Schmaltzberg (Home) vs Honest Hunks (Away)
12:00 - Championship Play Off 1 - Jura CC (Home) vs ataraXIa (Away)
12:00 - Championship Play Off 2 - ZCC (Home) vs GG CC (Away)
12:00 - Plate Play Off 1 - Moooo (Home) vs The Merry Orangutans (Away)

All 4 games have been scheduled, good work guys! Exciting day of CW cricket ahead.

ataraxia

International Coach
So I bought a man from ataraxi the other day for a cheap $3000 that I realized I did not have time to train and was surplus to current needs. Popped him back on the market. Market went nuts and he sold for $174 000... nice for me, apologies to ataraxi.
I think we both got really lucky getting him for the prices we did. But then I pulled a better aggressive bat so I sold him.

ataraxia

International Coach
The first inter-team friendly for me, a T20. A homegrown AXI team got 172-6. Richard Simmonds, opening, scored a nice 53 (39). Shawn Dee anchored the innings with 67 (53), and Kurt Murdoch hit some bombs at the end. Kurt hit 26 in an over on his way to 36* (14). In response, AX-W couldn't push on from starts and limped their way to 136 all out. Alex Darnell bowled well, 3-21 (4) securing him MotM.

Winton CC have cut their losses, with an all-Dev squad. The match against AX-W featured a merely 31K WCC side. None of the Winton players reached 25, as they managed 185ao. Harry Todd led the charge with 52 (77), and my team just about chased it down with 2 wickets remaining.

In a inter-team SOD, the affiliate only reached 133. And AXI chased it down in less than half the overs, Rusty Frost charged 86* (78), legend. Sanne Nel of the main team got five wickets in the two matches, but he is on the TM as an excess 16yo.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Sat 27th Nov
CWC3 Play-Offs

09:00 - Plate Play Off 2 - Dynamo Schmaltzberg (Home) vs Honest Hunks (Away)
12:00 - Championship Play Off 1 - Jura CC (Home) vs ataraXIa (Away)
12:00 - Championship Play Off 2 - ZCC (Home) vs GG CC (Away)
12:00 - Plate Play Off 1 - Moooo (Home) vs The Merry Orangutans (Away)

All 4 games have been scheduled, good work guys! Exciting day of CW cricket ahead.
I am not sure where the Basin Reserve is located but Jura is pinning its hopes (very unsportingly) on a bumpy journey for the atara Squad. A long journey to Glasgow , a coach to the West coast - a frothing ferry journey to the Isle of Islay (tip for the senior coach - ban them from drinking beer and eating the rather oily fish and chip supper) and then finally another foot ferry from Islay to the Island of Jura (population 150). Obviously their arrival will be treated with bunting and garlands along with free samples from our famous whisky distillery......:sneaky2:

ataraxia

International Coach
The Basin is in Wellington, NZ... so yes quite a long journey. Considering the inflation of my squad recently, my visit may just about double the population. (I had noticed on my map of Europe on the wall, that there was a Scottish isle named Jura!)

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
The Basin is in Wellington, NZ... so yes quite a long journey. Considering the inflation of my squad recently, my visit may just about double the population. (I had noticed on my map of Europe on the wall, that there was a Scottish isle named Jura!)
Yes you may have thought you were coming to the wine making region of French Jura, perhaps as fellow wine makers, you would find yourself in a home -from home. Sadly, no. Jura is a cold craggy place where the deer outnumber the people (hmm that does strike a chord with NZ? !!). No you will be very welcome after your long journey, win lose or draw there'll be a wee dram or four for you after, some Highland dancing and a spot of haggis!