• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now GG CC.

Second knock of impact from Peter Sutherland in this competition. I am not sure what ticked him off (maybe Bram Human's departure) that resulted in him smashing his way to a century in 72 balls. At the end of the 35th over he was 56 off 59, and then went mad in the last 5 overs...in the space of 7 balls, he struck 5 sixes. Mad man.

Really impressed with the bowlers even though some copped a licking in that Younis-Ghani partnership...it looked evenly poised when these two guys were at the crease. Plaatjies came in with the double strike...and ZCC had to play catch up even harder, Ishmail cleaning up the tail was good to see (he's 48 POT bowler). Excellent glovework from Fouche, 4 catches from him.

Good game GG CC.
Commiserations ZCC.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Now GG CC.

Second knock of impact from Peter Sutherland in this competition. I am not sure what ticked him off (maybe Bram Human's departure) that resulted in him smashing his way to a century in 72 balls. At the end of the 35th over he was 56 off 59, and then went mad in the last 5 overs...in the space of 7 balls, he struck 5 sixes. Mad man.

Really impressed with the bowlers even though some copped a licking in that Younis-Ghani partnership...it looked evenly poised when these two guys were at the crease. Plaatjies came in with the double strike...and ZCC had to play catch up even harder, Ishmail cleaning up the tail was good to see (he's 48 POT bowler). Excellent glovework from Fouche, 4 catches from him.

Good game GG CC.
Commiserations ZCC.
Well done GG you overturned a legend in CWC

SillyCowCorner1

Well done GG you overturned a legend in CWC
Surreal feeling for the boys. They are lifting up their captain Sutherland on their shoulders and head to the section of the ZCC CG where a sparse crowd of GG CC supporters with a few of them wearing Moooo CC jerseys are.

Peter! Peter! Peter!

Bram Human is seen with a can of cold beer.
Plaatjies is doing some kind of robot dance.

cnerd123

likes this
Yea terrific win. Probably should have chased the score down actually - Ibrahim Shafi with a career best effort, and all told the Top 4 did their job really well. Ed Halliday and Jamal Madani are the stars of the batting lineup and they fell cheaply at a key moment.

Definitely missing Danial Ahsan tho. His captaincy + fielding + overs might have helped keep GG CC to a lower score, and we could have definitely used just a little bit more batting. We'll have to wait and see how the club explains the non-selection.

Meanwhile over at Jura Island the hosts have won an absolute humdinger by 27 runs! 278 was a big big score but AtaraXIa made a real go of it. 50 off 39 balls from Frans Potgieter and cameos from Simmons, Dee, Kotze and Frost got them close. Ultimately they just needed someone to bat long, but kept losing wickets along the way. Skipper Brooks my POTM - 65* off just 29 to help his side set a match winning score.

Congrats to GG CC and Jura CC for proceeding to the semi-finals of the CWC3 Championship, and to TMO and the Hunks for making the semi-finals of the CWC3 Plate! I'll post up the fixtures on Monday, but the more enterprising of you can probably figure it out from my earlier posts and arrange the fixtures anyways ;)

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Yea terrific win. Probably should have chased the score down actually - Ibrahim Shafi with a career best effort, and all told the Top 4 did their job really well. Ed Halliday and Jamal Madani are the stars of the batting lineup and they fell cheaply at a key moment.

Definitely missing Danial Ahsan tho. His captaincy + fielding + overs might have helped keep GG CC to a lower score, and we could have definitely used just a little bit more batting. We'll have to wait and see how the club explains the non-selection.

Meanwhile over at Jura Island the hosts have won an absolute humdinger by 27 runs! 278 was a big big score but AtaraXIa made a real go of it. 50 off 39 balls from Frans Potgieter and cameos from Simmons, Dee, Kotze and Frost got them close. Ultimately they just needed someone to bat long, but kept losing wickets along the way. Skipper Brooks my POTM - 65* off just 29 to help his side set a match winning score.

Congrats to GG CC and Jura CC for proceeding to the semi-finals of the CWC3 Championship, and to TMO and the Hunks for making the semi-finals of the CWC3 Plate! I'll post up the fixtures on Monday, but the more enterprising of you can probably figure it out from my earlier posts and arrange the fixtures anyways ;)
As generous and gentlemanly as ever in victory and defeat - a true leader of CWC!

SillyCowCorner1

I always love when the Human brothers are batting together.
And today the opportunity is ideal for them to express themselves against the Mooo bowlers.

Bram is on 44 (47), while Cornelius is new to the crease and is on 11 (12).

It's only the 18th over of a 50 over contest. Cornelius might run out Bram

ataraxia

International Coach
SCC is really good at making #5s hit mad centuries, lol.

Ridiculous game vs Jura lol, my batting going surprisingly well in response to a mammoth total. Can't help but feel that if Rusty actually did what he's meant to do at the top of the order we could've chased it down. Good luck for Jura in the semis, proved themselves an evidently better side.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
SCC is really good at making #5s hit mad centuries, lol.

Ridiculous game vs Jura lol, my batting going surprisingly well in response to a mammoth total. Can't help but feel that if Rusty actually did what he's meant to do at the top of the order we could've chased it down. Good luck for Jura in the semis, proved themselves an evidently better side.
Very kind sir - I'm not sure we proved ourselves as evidently better - (I did think it was going to be a comfortable victory after our captain took his sledgehammer out but then it went very nip and tick and we were fortunate to squeak home by what amounted to just a couple of overs of 'big batting' here and there'. The afterparty was great anyhow - some of those Kiwis made great Scottish dancers after enough whisky!

More amazingly we then had to roll out most of the same side for the Big Bash and with the CWC victory giving us huge confidence took out the Dark Lairds to whom we were giving away maybe 15k in skill - in BBL 5 we should per the EPO be sitting on around 3 points but somehow we have managed to win 4 out of 7

ataraxia

International Coach
AX-W played Winton CC in a T20. We made a mess of chasing down 127 on a flat pitch, 87-8 (17). But Jeremy Harris (defensively minded, 19 bat skill) played an absolute blinder, smashing 41* (26). He was ably supported by Tye Ramsbottom (7 bat skill!), who hit 13* (10) with a lot of extras. So we somehow won with 2 balls remaining against 46.6K death bowling. Wow!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
AX-W played Winton CC in a T20. We made a mess of chasing down 127 on a flat pitch, 87-8 (17). But Jeremy Harris (defensively minded, 19 bat skill) played an absolute blinder, smashing 41* (26). He was ably supported by Tye Ramsbottom (7 bat skill!), who hit 13* (10) with a lot of extras. So we somehow won with 2 balls remaining against 46.6K death bowling. Wow!
That was quite an ending to the game, 20 off 9, 3 consecutive 4s off the next 3 balls crucial in deciding the match. Bowlers certainly on top for both sides!

cnerd123

likes this
FHK played JoJo in a friendly 'welcome to CWC' Dev game. Fielded our lowest-wage XI to try and keep things competitive. Bowled them out for 150 but only managed 122 in response! Next time around we won't be so nice ;)

Also Bangladesh beat England, w00t! Gotta do a match report for that later tonight.

SillyCowCorner1

A minor victory restricting the AA's to below 200.

I just hope that Moooo's batsmen stick to their guns and chase down this 199

cnerd123

likes this
Sat 4th Dec
CWC3 Championship Semi Final 1 - Dynamo Morpork (Home) vs Jura CC (Away)
CWC3 Championship Semi Final 2 - FHK (Home) vs GG CC (Away)
CWC3 Plate Semi Final 1 - Winton CC (Home) vs The Merry Orangutans (Away)
CWC3 Plate Semi Final 2 - Ashgrove Astronauts (Home) vs Honest Hunks (Away)

Fixtures are as above, time to get scheduling! @SillyCowCorner1 - FHK have accepted your challenge for 12:00.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Morpork vs Jura also set up for 8:00 server time (we were a bit confused why it was 1st vs 3rd but too late to complain now ?

You thought finding your way to a remote Scottish island was bad, hopefully the Jura team will be able to find its way to a city on a disc world held up on the back of four elephants who stand on a giant turtle

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Morpork vs Jura also set up for 8:00 server time (we were a bit confused why it was 1st vs 3rd but too late to complain now ?

You thought finding your way to a remote Scottish island was bad, hopefully the Jura team will be able to find its way to a city on a disc world held up on the back of four elephants who stand on a giant turtle
That is surreal even by our standards , we will begin plans to load our micro - rhino with suitable luggage and provisions and set course by the Planet Zog!

ataraxia

International Coach
Liam Kotze did some remarkable slogging in div 2 Dev cricket this Monday. At 9 aggression, he hit 93 (67) from #7 before holing out in the final over. Admittedly, it wasn't against the best bowling, but it was still an incredible knock considering he bats #9 when he appears in senior cricket; a high score of 16* in 84 senior friendlies! Kotze capped it off with 3-9 with the ball, gaining him MotM with a massive 191 points.

Alex Davey is 29.14 years old, so nearing the end of his career. Why I say this is that his legendary century + five-for game yielded him a whopping 287 points, 216 clear of 2nd place! One who should be remembered for his seasons at Winton and Ashgrove. Sanne Nel has been sold to the Ashgrove Astronauts. Hope he finds a place there... I didn't want to keep him after he conceded 66 runs in 6 overs in his farewell game! I note that Courtney Brockman is now unattached. His career never really got going. There are now only four players from my starting squad still around, all in my current squad.

The Basin is slowly getting to be less of a minefield. A Devvie against WCC: recruit Rehman Kaiser took 4-14 including a hat-trick to garner MotM. 166 from Winton was chased down confidently, stars being Rusty Frost (36 off 46) and Shawn Dee (47* off 45). Dee's average has crept above Murdoch's, and so has his run tally. First to 6000 club runs.

AX-W hosted Schmaltzberg and got pounded. Christian Owen picked up a career-best 6-40 as no one really got going for my team. The chase of 153 in a SOD was straightforward. Kurusumuttu hit 66 (86) and Nawaz Saijad 74* (85).

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Alex Davey fondly remembered - started looking for him in your squad in intrigue after seeing his name wondering if it was the same Alex Davey - had I read on I'd have found out a bit sonner than I did!

6,000 cub runs a very impressive feat for Dee! Up and down nature of our transfer activity probably shown by Yosuke Glenn at 1680 runs as our top run scorer ever - 1 of 4 with over 1,000 runs along with Jennings, Jawad and Studsor. Jawad still at the club but the other 3 are not - Glenn and Jennings both recent sales. Meanwhile Yosuke Glenn our highest wicket taker and only bowler with over 100 wickets with 124wkts.

Edit - my bad had wrong list - still Yosuke Glenn our highest run scorer and wicket taker but at 3,670 runs and 218 wickets.