• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Cricket Web Stumped! Championship Four - 50-over edition

As the league stage for CWC3 is about to finish in two weeks, it's time to start signups for the next championship, this time in the most prestigious format, 50 over senior OD. @cnerd123 has decided to step down as manager of the competition, so I'm stepping in. The crowds are curious to see what the senior stars (looking at you Raun Shkorer) can show on the CW Championship stage.

The large league stage has been fun but I would prefer to rather not stretch it out over much more than one Stumped season. If we get more than 10 teams (18 league matches), I would suggest a seeded group stage followed by two divisions - teams in the lower divisions can still qualify for the play-offs, but will have fewer spots in the play-off round.

For example, 12 teams would be divided into three groups of 4 teams each. The top two teams in each group, a total of six, would qualify for the First Division, which would have four spots in the play-offs; the remaining six teams would play off for two spots. The two top First Division Teams would get a bye to the semi-final. The second stage divisions would be no larger than 8 teams each.

A reminder of the previous champions

Season 1 (50 overs): ***** CC (10-0 in league stage) beat Winton CC
Season 2 (20 overs): ***** CC (12-2 in league stage) beat Dynamo Morpork by five wickets
Season 3 (40 over U21): tbd

Signups are here or by PM to me in stumped. I'll announce the draw and mail out the links to the groups and leagues as required.

ataraxia

International Coach
Q: what will the seeding be based on? The inter-CW rankings are probably a better measure than the WRs considering I'm #2 out of CW teams by the world rankings lol. (Vaguely odd given I'm 6th in division 2 T20, 3rd in division 3 SOD and out of the Cup, but whatever.)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
10 overs later the partnership is blossoming. These ****ers are playing the long game.

Dee- 28(57)
du Preez- 48(57)

Partnership for the second wicket-- 87 (108)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
30 overs in and these two, supposedly 'can do with a rest', are still here in the middle.

146/1

Don't let Stumped bring out the stretcher.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Cricket Web Stumped! Championship Four - 50-over edition

As the league stage for CWC3 is about to finish in two weeks, it's time to start signups for the next championship, this time in the most prestigious format, 50 over senior OD. @cnerd123 has decided to step down as manager of the competition, so I'm stepping in. The crowds are curious to see what the senior stars (looking at you Raun Shkorer) can show on the CW Championship stage.

The large league stage has been fun but I would prefer to rather not stretch it out over much more than one Stumped season. If we get more than 10 teams (18 league matches), I would suggest a seeded group stage followed by two divisions - teams in the lower divisions can still qualify for the play-offs, but will have fewer spots in the play-off round.

For example, 12 teams would be divided into three groups of 4 teams each. The top two teams in each group, a total of six, would qualify for the First Division, which would have four spots in the play-offs; the remaining six teams would play off for two spots. The two top First Division Teams would get a bye to the semi-final. The second stage divisions would be no larger than 8 teams each.

A reminder of the previous champions

Season 1 (50 overs): ***** CC (10-0 in league stage) beat Winton CC
Season 2 (20 overs): ***** CC (12-2 in league stage) beat Dynamo Morpork by five wickets
Season 3 (40 over U21): tbd

Signups are here or by PM to me in stumped. I'll announce the draw and mail out the links to the groups and leagues as required.
I have really enjoyed CWC 3 and being part of the forum here. A thanks to Cnerd for organising and running it and ty Magrat for taking on number 4

I would like to enter my two teams - Jura CC and my new guys - The Buy- Ins thank you

ataraxia

International Coach
296/5... still haven't scored 300 against >30K opposition. Lovely partnership between Dee and du Preez, before they were run out for 66 (104) and 96 (108) respectively. 168-1 turned to 197-5, but 58 in the last four overs (Murdoch 60* (40), Winton 48* (29)) brought the score back up. Despite a couple of early catches by Murdoch at slip, I have a feeling Moooo aren't going to give this up easily.