• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Blaze

Banned
Good stuff, always good to see the English lose.

That will teach them for having very little intent (or ability) to score tries.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
A Six Nations championship for France. A Triple Crown for Ireland. The Calcutta Cup to Scotland. What have England got? :laugh:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Fair play to Ireland. Probably just about did enough to win. We were better in the second half, but couldn't put them away.

Think that has to be the end for several of our backroom staff. Larder & Lydon will go, as should Robinson. Nice bloke & all, but short at the top level. I can't see the RFU having the cojones to sack him, myself, but I'm hoping he'll do the decent thing.

That must be the end for Cohen & Voyce was totally anonymous as an attacking threat. It's no coincidence that he's Wasps' 3rd choice full back.

Blaze

Banned
steds said:
Oh no. Nobody plays well against England. Never ever ever. The opposition doesn't win games, England loses them. 8-) :dry:

Indeed because England are superior to Ireland and Scotland they just don't play to their 'potential' every week and therefore it doesn't matter who the opposition are and what they do, England lose because they are 'pathetic'. 8-)

open365

International Vice-Captain
steds said:
Not too impressed by that Goode bloke.
Man of the match Andy Goode?

It was difficult conditions, and he must have been nervous playing in his first game, but look how he came back to kick those 2 fantastic kicks that should have won the match+having a great game running and passing wise. Now go wash your mouth out with soap and water...

I was more impressed with England's back line today,but the forwards let them down IMO,there were far too many turnovers and we just were not getting the quickness of ball we needed.

Overall i thought Ireland played ok, but they still aren't reahcing their potential,too many unforced errors.

And i hope England don't get savaged by the press, i know we lost, but i was more pleased by this performance thn the ones against France and Scotland.

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
That must be the end for Cohen & Voyce was totally anonymous as an attacking threat. It's no coincidence that he's Wasps' 3rd choice full back.

Varndell? (sp) and Tait to come in?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
Varndell? (sp) and Tait to come in?
Varndell for Cohen def, he has the pace & build, just his defence needs work as of now. Tait will prob go on our summer tour, but he's an outside centre and looked a bit out of his depth the last time he was given a go there. He was only 18 then, TBF, so he's still filling out.

Personally I'd like to have a look at Van Gisbergen at 15.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
open365 said:
Man of the match Andy Goode?

It was difficult conditions, and he must have been nervous playing in his first game, but look how he came back to kick those 2 fantastic kicks that should have won the match+having a great game running and passing wise. Now go wash your mouth out with soap and water...
Yeah, I did change my mind about 10 minutes after saying that, but I still wasn't too blown away.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
Yeah, I did change my mind about 10 minutes after saying that, but I still wasn't too blown away.
Goode's solid, an "English" kicking stand-off, but he'll never be a world beater. We've just been unlucky to have Jonny, Olly Barkley & Charlie Hodgson all injured at once.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
What's the ruling on quick throws, do they have to go 5 metres?
AFAIK yes, which that one did.

Also they have to be taken from behind the line which that one also was.