• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Six Nations

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought France would switch off... but it's gonna be absolutely hilarious if they lose this - just for the crowd reaction alone.

France are still big favourites to win mind.

simmy

International Regular
Steds.... your "running commentary" was hilarious.

To be honest, Ireland were unlucky not to win it!

simmy

International Regular
Pretty poor performance by England all over the park.

Forwards were fairly poor, backs were worsr bar possibly Cueto, and the scoreline flattered.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
England were absolutely gash. If we played that poorly against a half-decent side we'd be caned.

I still think we look better with Daws @ 9 myself. He gives us a stability Harry can't quite muster just yet. Our pack was disappointing, Italy really took it to us up front, especially early doors.

simmy

International Regular
Yeah it was a concern. Our pack is the one thing (bar the lineout) that we can depend on every time.

No real creative spark from the backs either. England will win the Six Nations with any luck but I cant see a Grand Slam.

I think the Wales/Scots game should be the best of the weekend.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
simmy said:
Ireland's anthem is my favourite.
I wish I was Irish, just so I could sing that in the crowd at Landsdowne Road. A bit like I wish I was a Liverpool fan (not a Scouser, though, mind) so I could sing You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield. Ireland's Call is a great, great song.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Barney Rubble said:
I wish I was Irish, just so I could sing that in the crowd at Landsdowne Road. A bit like I wish I was a Liverpool fan (not a Scouser, though, mind) so I could sing You'll Never Walk Alone at Anfield. Ireland's Call is a great, great song.
The song (Ireland's Call) was written for the 1995 World Cup so that Ireland would have a politically correct anthem and a unifying voice, at least for the rugby.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well I doubt Steve Walsh has made himself too many friends north of the border after that first half display: a penalty try to Wales & a sending-off!

FWIW I think the penalty try was spot-on; Scotland were under the pump up front & Jason White broke off from the scrum early to obstruct Michael Owen after the sweaties had already been pinged twice for the scrum going up. I'm less convinced by Scott Murray's sending off tho. Yes, arguably he shouldn't have reacted after Gough caught him late, but it was a heat-of-the-moment thing. Sin-bin & reversal of the penalty would've been enough IHMO. Wlash may've been technically correct, but I do hope he hasn't ruined the game as a spectacle for the 2nd 40.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do love the way in rugby that you have to practically kill someone in the open for everyone to accept that a red card was the right decision.

simmy

International Regular
Whereas in football, you can scream and abuse the ref all game, but if you push someone over then that is a red card! Crazy.

Remarkable how little rugby players talk back to referees.

Good solid performance from Wales. Home advantage is playing a big part in this tournament it seems.

Peel was brilliant. Best scrum half on show.