• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft Version 2.0

Matt79

Global Moderator
two Questions - we're selecting a cricketer to match each question, not just one who
meets both?

If you fail completely and the next person picks one for you, can they select whatever dud they like, or does their selection also have to meet the criteria?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
two Questions - we're selecting a cricketer to match each question, not just one who
meets both?
Yeah, so you pick 1 to match question 1, and 1 to match question 2

If you fail completely and the next person picks one for you, can they select whatever dud they like, or does their selection also have to meet the criteria?
Has to meet the criteria (at least that's what it was last year)

Not sure how many will meet the criteria after 20 people have failed though... :laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It's three strikes and you are out though. So you have another hour to select a player, if he's already been chosen, you get another 24 hours to select someone, if your second choice has been chosen by someone else also you get one final opportunity. If you fail again the next person online selects your player for you.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
:laugh: I thought G.I.Joe's scent was pretty clever but you've managed to outdo it.

We've got 16 people in this which is way more than I expected, results coming up very shortly.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
It's three strikes and you are out though. So you have another hour to select a player, if he's already been chosen, you get another 24 hours to select someone, if your second choice has been chosen by someone else also you get one final opportunity. If you fail again the next person online selects your player for you.
So we get to have three attempts before losing our pick to whatever someone else gives us?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Results 1A - as many or more 100s over 50s
fredfertang - FAIL (Clyde Walcott)
Marcuss - PASS
Blakus - PASS
metallics2006 - PASS
Michaelf7777777 - FAIL (Don Bradman)
Samuel_Vimes - FAIL (Arthur Morris)
kof98 - FAIL (Clyde Walcott)
GingerFurball - FAIL (Ashwell Prince)
Pup Clarke - FAIL (Ashwell Prince)
bryce - FAIL (George Headley)
honestbharani - FAIL (Kevin Pietersen)
G.I.Joe - FAIL (Kevin Pietersen)
Somerset - FAIL (George Headley)
Agent TBY - FAIL (George Headley)
Matt79 - FAIL (Don Bradman)
Flyonthewall - FAIL (Arthur Morris)

Michael with the 7's was so close to getting Bradman!

Results 2A - Between 59 and 92 wickets
fredfertang - PASS
Marcuss - FAIL (Mohammed Asif)
Blakus - FAIL (Walter Hammond)
metallics2006 - PASS
Michaelf7777777 - PASS
Samuel_Vimes - PASS
kof98 - FAIL (Frank Worrell)
GingerFurball - FAIL (Frank Worrell)
Pup Clarke - FAIL (Mohammed Asif)
bryce - FAIL (Shane Bond)
honestbharani - PASS
G.I.Joe - FAIL (Shane Bond)
Somerset - FAIL (Walter Hammond)
Agent TBY - FAIL (Frank Worrell)
Matt79 - FAIL (Walter Hammond)
Flyonthewall - PASS

1b selections required: fredfertang, Michaelf7777777, Samuel_Vimes, kof98, GingerFurball, Pup Clarke, bryce, honestbharani, G.I.Joe, Somerset, Agent TBY, Matt79, Flyonthewall

2b selections required: Marcuss, Blakus, kof98, GingerFurball, Pup Clarke, bryce, G.I.Joe, Somerset, Agent TBY, Matt79

Banned players
Clyde Walcott, Don Bradman, Arthur Morris, Ashwell Prince, George Headley, Kevin Pietersen, Mohammed Asif, Walter Hammond, Frank Worrell, Shane Bond.

You have 24 hours to make your reselections, metallics has done brilliantly getting both of his choices

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
I was hoping that no-one else would pick Hammond. Wishful thinking it seems.

Not to worried though as my first pick is fantastic.:happy:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh well bryce, you were not the only one. This is seriously tough at the moment with 15 other people choosing someone it isn't easy at all, especially at the start when you might not be looking for a specific type of player, just wanting someone decent.

I'm going to have to change some of my planned questions, I need more cricketers that actually fit into the categories.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Rather stupid gamble on my part but I was happy to get the second one accepted.

Repick sent
Wasn't stupid at all. It very nearly came off, and would have given you (or me) an immense boost. Well worth the risk that everyone would decide that was too obvious IMO.

Matt79

Global Moderator
dude, that's not how this game works. I've obviously now wasted my second attempt on the player you got for Q1, but you're better off not revealing who you got because now others still to make their second pick will know not to try for him.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got the impression we weren't supposed to name our picks until the whole of round 1 has been completed.
As people now know not to pick your players for 1b/2b.