• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib banned for failure to disclose approaches

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but KP is 6' whereas McCullum is a true 5'8 so that means one of them wins I think.

Real talk not sure why McCullum is in this conversation, reported a conversation that led to the banning of Cairns. No evidence whatsoever he did anything wrong. Immediately rebuffed the offer. I guess he could've reported it immediately?
Just finished his book, I know books aren't gospel but he said he wasn't aware there were penalties for not reporting...he didn't want to be a rat. Fairly weak, I know, but when told he had to report it in 2011 he did so. So how people have put him in a moral bankrupt team just because he didn't report an approach he firmly rebuffed - not indulged in to a point, like messers Al Hasan, Warne, Waugh etc did - I just don't get it.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally I don't think it's possible to be a hyper-aggressive sloggy sort of batsman without being at least a bit of a ****. Respect the sport ffs.
So everyone in the history of not only sport, but society as a whole who have done things outside the box are a bit of whatever four letter word that is?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I've always found it odd that it isn't universally recognised that McCullum is a complete ****wit. He just sort of obviously is one, like Kevin Pietersen.
Absolutely a ****wit for a long time in his life, in fact a gigantic one for long periods of time - and I think he'd admit that. I don't think you could call current day McCullum one though. People are entitled to mature, and I think he ended his career as a good person. I feel like I'm on his PR crusade, and probably having read his book (although I was always a big fan) I've reacted to the absolute horse **** he got from Mark Reason particularly.

Jack1

International Debutant
I like McCullum and Pietersen. Both great players and to the point. It’s soft that any cricket fan could dislike either of them to be honest. They are in the mould of people like Warne, Viv Richards, Harbajhan Singh to name a few similar types from other countries. These people are entertaining not annoying.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the reports of the Whatsapp messages are accurate then I have no sympathy for Shakib

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely a ****wit for a long time in his life, in fact a gigantic one for long periods of time - and I think he'd admit that. I don't think you could call current day McCullum one though. People are entitled to mature, and I think he ended his career as a good person. I feel like I'm on his PR crusade, and probably having read his book (although I was always a big fan) I've reacted to the absolute horse **** he got from Mark Reason particularly.
Similar to Ricky Ponting

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, good example. Ponting definitely went up in my estimations later in his career, and he's also an excellent commentator now.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Similar to Ricky Ponting
Yep, pretty good comparison. Both small town boys, could get up to anything on the basis they were outstanding at their sport from a young age and people were prepared to cover for them. I think Ponting got it sorted a lot quicker than McCullum. He debuted in 2001 and wasn't particularly received well by our country probably until 2014 when he scored the 300.