• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shakib banned for failure to disclose approaches

cnerd123

likes this
Heartbreaking really. No evidence linking him to actually fixing, but it does seem like he, at best, was not immediately put off by an approach by a bookie. At worst, he flirted with the idea of dabbling in it.

He's accepted the decision professionally. I guess this is the end of the career. Kinda makes sense why he decided not to tour India, or act as the face of the BD players strike recently. He probably knew this was coming and that his playing days are up.

Sad stuff. Good from the ICC and ACU to impose a harsh sentence. Just sad that Shakib got caught up in this

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woah. That is a massive, massive blow. Also why is this only coming up now when it happened two years ago?

(Though it's only a two year ban with the final one suspended, so in practice he's only banned for twelve months)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a few months ago, he was the wonder boy of the CWC.

One of the low points in the already low low level of BD cricket, this ban.

cnerd123

likes this
He's not banned for 3 years; it's 2 years with 1 suspended.
Yea I didn't read that correctly first time. Seems like he'll only be out for 1 year as long as he co-operates.

Mods to correct the thread title plz (also it should be conduct not con)

Tom Flint

International Regular
Strange how they don't report it if they are not involved at all. Are they at risk if they do? And why would he get involved if he can earn up to a million in one t20 league?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Strange how they don't report it if they are not involved at all. Are they at risk if they do? And why would he get involved if he can earn up to a million in one t20 league?
I believe that would have been the case. He would have feared for his family.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Best batsman in the world gets banned for an year and just as he comes back, the best allrounder in the world gets banned. Sad times.

Cummins, better be careful.

cnerd123

likes this
I mean, I know actual IPL fans IRL and none of them have ever suggested the IPL is clean. If anything, those who I know that watch a lot of IPL are also the first ones to claim the games are fixed when something bizarre happens.