• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scott Muller v Shane Warne

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey theres also the remote possibility, everyone said it wasn't warne, because it wasn't, I know crazy talk.....:laugh:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, I just think of my grandkids on my knee:

"Kids, I nearly made it to international level. I was THIS close."
vs
"Kids, I did play two tests, it''s true. But the WHOLE WORLD LAUGHED at my ineptitude, and they're still laughing about it now."

Easy choice for me...
Second choice. The only worse than being talked about is not being talked about. :D

You just can't accept the fact that it was arne who said it can you .......the mere thought that an Aussie great could possibly have said it just rankles you doesn't it
So, the point is that you actually don't know who said what do you? You're just guessing.

My point is that I *do* know and it wasn't Warne. And no, I'm not going to share it because it's as dead as issue as Muller's career.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Top_Cat said:
So, the point is that you actually don't know who said what do you? You're just guessing.

My point is that I *do* know and it wasn't Warne. And no, I'm not going to share it because it's as dead as issue as Muller's career.
Hahah....I knew you just couldn't resist replying to my post.....

I do know Mr Top_cat and I am content in my knowledge.but as you say, I will let it go.....and I'm sure we will tussle another day in another thread.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Perry Mason said:
It's the difference between being Mick Lewis and Mal Loye :)
Fair point, actually. I imagine posterity will be far kinder to Loye's reputation than to Lewis's, although I bet Loye would still give his eye teeth to have a chance at the highest level.

Even if a player performs like absolute poo at the highest level at least he has the knowledge that, if only briefly, he was considered to be one of the best XI players in his country.

stumpski

International Captain
And Muller's record in his two Tests wasn't that bad. Six wickets at 36 from what I recall. And he shared in a last-wicket record partnership ... with Warne, of course.

Craig

World Traveller
silentstriker said:
Kids, I played two tests and was on the same team with people like Steve Waugh, Adam Gilchrist, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and played against players like Sachin Tendulkar.
Unless he played in the Tour game against India (which I can not remember bur Mr I-have-a-link-to-everything from Oslo will point me in the right direction) he never played against India at Test level.

Mister Wright

stumpski said:
And Muller's record in his two Tests wasn't that bad. Six wickets at 36 from what I recall. And he shared in a last-wicket record partnership ... with Warne, of course.
Muller was a very, very good bowler. Just a shame he had that problem with Warne.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Could someone explain thsi all please??

I don't know what incident your talking about

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
It was Warne.

I mean seriously! How many times have we ever heard on a live braodcast what the cameraman has had to say? Only once? How about never.

I have to agree with that

andyc

open365 said:
Could someone explain thsi all please??

I don't know what incident your talking about
I'll give it a shot, but it was a while ago. Scott Muller, decent FC bowler according to his stats, got two tests for Australia. During one of his tests, IIRC, he returned a rather poor throw from the field, and someone was picked up on a mic saying that Muller "can't bowl, can't throw." It was first attributed to Warne, who was standing right next to the stump mic, but later a cameraman, called Joe, came forward and said it was he who said it.

To be fair to the guy, lots of others have gone much worse. He did dismiss Inzy and Youhana, and one of his wickets was actually from a decent ball.

Mister Wright

andyc said:
I'll give it a shot, but it was a while ago. Scott Muller, decent FC bowler according to his stats, got two tests for Australia. During one of his tests, IIRC, he returned a rather poor throw from the field, and someone was picked up on a mic saying that Muller "can't bowl, can't throw." It was first attributed to Warne, who was standing right next to the stump mic, but later a cameraman, called Joe, came forward and said it was he who said it.

To be fair to the guy, lots of others have gone much worse. He did dismiss Inzy and Youhana, and one of his wickets was actually from a decent ball.
Bowled the ball of the century IMO to remove Tendulkar in this tour match Qld v India

Tendulkar was in full flight and playing very well. Muller pitched one up, perfect length that swung away at the very last minute as Tendulkar tried an ondrive only to miss it completely to have his off bail removed. great ball!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I was pretty convinced it was Warne until TC claimed he knew who it was but wasn't telling. What a tease. :p

Mister Wright

Jono said:
I was pretty convinced it was Warne until TC claimed he knew who it was but wasn't telling. What a tease. :p
If he knew he'd be telling us who it was and how he knew. What's the point in hiding it? Announcing who it is, isn't going to be that damaging.