• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

School Cricket

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i remember in primary school we played pairs cricket with an incrediball - was also win based ovn averages (total team runs / total wickets)

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
Since 30th August 2004 at school I have scored 119 from 23 matches and have taken 36 wickets with the best of 4/21

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Behlol said:
Since 30th August 2004 at school I have scored 119 from 23 matches and have taken 36 wickets with the best of 4/21
nice work.... i take it youre a bowler? lol...

cricket player

International Debutant
last year there were no cricket in our school i beg the pe teacher mr craver(funny name) to have a cricket team in our school. the next month the cricket season started we play 2 matches this month one againts hayward high one againts tennyson high we beat both high schools with average score of 400. if you think the other 2 high schools suck at cricket then you are thinking wrong it is not there problem it is just they dont have people from foreign countrys like india and pakistan to play for them. we do we have atleast 15 players from pakistan and india including me. the best player in the team average of 37 bowling off spin batting opener.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Season just finished.
BOWLING
Overs- 214.5
Runs- 628
Wickets- 54
RPO- 2.927739
Average- 11.62963
BB- 8/53
Strike Rate- 23.83333
Maidens- 22

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got to start nagging my Australian P.E. teachers to set up cricket as an afterschool activity too. It gets a bit annoying playing with adults all the time on the other side of the city where I can't impress the girls at school. :D

cricket player

International Debutant
andyc said:
I've got to start nagging my Australian P.E. teachers to set up cricket as an afterschool activity too. It gets a bit annoying playing with adults all the time on the other side of the city where I can't impress the girls at school. :D

yeah i also want to show up in front of the girls while playing. i always try to bowl fast when i see a girl looking at me when i bat i try to slog but some times i end up making a joke out of my self. :p

Langeveldt

Soutie
cricket player said:
yeah i also want to show up in front of the girls while playing. i always try to bowl fast when i see a girl looking at me when i bat i try to slog but some times i end up making a joke out of my self. :p
Yeah, damn right lol.. I used to net whenever I could, even when the girls were training, but I wasnt allowed to play the ball straight when I batted because they thought i'd smash it hard at the bowler..

Anyway, I tried to hit this medium pacer to leg off middle stump, got an outside edge and would have been caught had their been a wicket keeper..

Won't be able to live that one down, still, it doesnt stop the girls thinking for some reason I play for Somerset...

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
^LOL!!!

Girls aren't interested at all in the cricket players at our school, well thats because I go to an all boys school for one. But we have a neighbouring girls school and they show absolutely no interest in cricket players. Its Rugby here, you play rugby your a God. Last year I got one game on the bench for the 1st XV, and came on in the last 3 mins on the wing, did nothing. However because I was involved in the game, I was given an adress and told to arrive there at 7:00. The exclusive 1st XV rugby parties are incredible, and the girls are something else. I didnt do a thing at all, I may have kicked once into touch I believe yet all these drunk girls are congratulating me on a great game I played today. Anyway, so the next week other players recovered from injury and I was back in the 2nds, never to see that party again....

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard Rash said:
Season just finished.
BOWLING
Overs- 214.5
Runs- 628
Wickets- 54
RPO- 2.927739
Average- 11.62963
BB- 8/53
Strike Rate- 23.83333
Maidens- 22
I've never played high school cricket for a few reasons
1. I like the club and the group of players in with in the club
2. I can't next year because I'm going away

However I did play primary school cricket on a Friday afternoon. I had an uncanny knack for being blamed for everything that happens. One guy slipped over and I supposedly ran him out, one guy was caught and that was my fault as well. Anyway we had to retire at 30 and I did that quite often. I finished with a batting average of around 60 and a bowling average of around 3. We could only get one over two if we were lucky and i remember taking 2/0 in consecutive weeks

Dunno about rugby Kenny, I played half a season with the A's but that was a completely different thing, got no recognition whatsoever. However at the rugby dinner I had a look at the ladies the firsts turned up with...very nice

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
James90 said:
Dunno about rugby Kenny, I played half a season with the A's but that was a completely different thing, got no recognition whatsoever. However at the rugby dinner I had a look at the ladies the firsts turned up with...very nice
That would have been what, 14's?

Wait till you get to opens, it will be on mate.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
James90 said:
I've never played high school cricket for a few reasons
1. I like the club and the group of players in with in the club
2. I can't next year because I'm going away

However I did play primary school cricket on a Friday afternoon. I had an uncanny knack for being blamed for everything that happens. One guy slipped over and I supposedly ran him out, one guy was caught and that was my fault as well. Anyway we had to retire at 30 and I did that quite often. I finished with a batting average of around 60 and a bowling average of around 3. We could only get one over two if we were lucky and i remember taking 2/0 in consecutive weeks
It's very different in NZ. High school cricket is all that school students can play. It's very competitive and quite high quality

bryce

International Regular
i played my last season of school cricket early this year and i wrote the stats down and still have the piece of paper so i'll share them,

50 Over 1st XI Competition

8 Matches, 6 innings, 68 runs@11.33, SR:80.00, H/S:25(20)
56.3 overs, 15 wickets@10.33, RPO:2.74, B/B:5/7(6.5)

Modes of my Dismissals:
Bowled - 3 times
LBW - 1 time
Caught Wk - 1 time
Caught Other - 1 time

Modes of me Dismissing Batsman:
Bowled - 7 times
LBW - 1 time
Caught Behind - 1 time
Caught Other - 5 times
Caught & Bowled - 1 times

bryce

International Regular
medium-fast i guess i'd call it, recently changed my action though because i'm vulnerble to knee and foot injuries, playing premier and 'A' grade cricket this year, what do you bowl and what grade do ya play in now?

benchmark00

hmmm we finished our school cricket season earlier this year, they were normaly 45 over matches... my stats:

5 matches (5 innings)

BATTING
202 runs
avg: 50.5
Top score: 51

BOWLING
3 overs
2 wickets
BB: 1/1

lol its fair to say that i dont get bowled alot... and rightly so too!

sportychic33

State 12th Man
My school cricket team (1st XI) in last game of season ( 4th December). We won the toss and elected to bat and the two girls who were playing their last game, got off to a flyer. One of them made 20 and the rest of the team stayed at one end feeding strike to Michelle who ended up making 157. So after 25 overs we made 226 /5 . I made a whole 1*.
Then we skittled them for 38 off 12 overs (so i didn't get a chance to bowl) and ended up winning Premier 2 Grade for the Region

benchmark00

sportychic33 said:
My school cricket team (1st XI) in last game of season ( 4th December). We won the toss and elected to bat and the two girls who were playing their last game, got off to a flyer. One of them made 20 and the rest of the team stayed at one end feeding strike to Michelle who ended up making 157. So after 25 overs we made 226 /5 . I made a whole 1*.
Then we skittled them for 38 off 12 overs (so i didn't get a chance to bowl) and ended up winning Premier 2 Grade for the Region
157 off 25 overs???? sign her up!!... Australian mens team look out!